• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Warranty Worth The Money?

Hi, Im planning on purchasing the mossberg 590 flex tactical in the near future. The cheapest I found was on buds gun shop for $460 which seems good to me. They offer a lifetime warranty for $25, my question is..is it worth it? Comes with a factory 1 year warranty, what could go wrong? Any problems with this model that would suggest getting the $25 lifetime warranty? Thanks for any help.

I cannot recall ever benefitting from any extended warranty I have ever bough on any product, ever.

MikeD said:
I cannot recall ever benefitting from any extended warranty I have ever bough on any product, ever.

On the other hand...I bought an extended warranty on a Kenmore cook stove a few years ago, and the digital control panel needed replacement after about 14 months, which would have been 2 months out of the normal warranty. So that was one time it paid off. The reason I bought the extended warranty is that the cook top is glass, and I figured for sure my wife would break it it short time, but she hasn't yet.

I usually buy them for toys or stuff my kids will most likely break but wasnt sure if it was needed for a shotgun...i guess $25 for a lifetime warranty isnt bad, just not sure

My advice for what it is worth would be to pay the $25. It is inexpensive peace of mind. And like insurance in a way, you have it but may never need it. But this only a one time payment. The only other thing to consider is, are you going to have ship it to Bud's, or are they close enough to you where you can drop it off?

You mentioned the factory warranty was only 1 year. I always understood Mossberg gave a 10 year warranty on their guns. I know Maverick 88 is only one year.
I would give Mossberg a call and find out exactly what it is.
(800) 363-3555

I would have to ship it, but there warranty says they cover all shipping costs due to warranty. I heard about the 10 year also but on buds site it says 1 year manufacture warranty so not sure.Ill check inot it a bit before final conclusion.Thanks for all the help so far!

old mossy said:
You mentioned the factory warranty was only 1 year. I always understood Mossberg gave a 10 year warranty on their guns. I know Maverick 88 is only one year.
I would give Mossberg a call and find out exactly what it is.
(800) 363-3555

Buds site says "The typical manufacturer's warranty is for only 1 year. By choosing this option, BudsGunShop will extend your gun's warranty indefinitely, or for as long as you own the firearm. This Supplemental Lifetime Warranty will also cover shipping costs to have your firearm repaired in the event that a warranty claim is made. If a repair is not possible on a valid warranty claim, BudsGunShop will replace the firearm for free."

so i guess that was a general warranty...I cant find a definite answer on the 590 flex tactical but the 590 basic says 10 year limited factory warranty so I think if it comes with 10 year I wont buy buds lifetime because who knows if theyll be in busines after 10 years for now...

I would think the 10 year warranty would be ok,especially on a 590A1, great shotgun. JMO :)

Unless like John A. said and buy from Davidsons.

John, retail at that site is $842, i can get it for $461 and mossy, I think the 10 is good also but its not the a1 model just the 590 flex tactical model.

I haven't looked at the price of the guns to compare lately, though I have purchased several from them, but admittedly, not in about 6 years.

I think the last one I purchased from them was an XD40 Tac.

Or maybe it was a 1911 TALO exclusive.

I can't remember.

Ok, called mossberg and it comes with a 10 year warranty so I wont be purchasing the extended lifetime...Thanks for the help. Ill post some pics when I get it!!

Back