• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

We have a Contender!!!

This one is for Oli!!!

TC_22LR_zps2a73666e.jpg

10 rounds @ 25 yards. The highlight of my weekend. I freaking love this gun!!

Re: This one is for Oli!!!

You missed one.

Just kidding buddy.

You done good.

Real good matter of fact.

John A. said:
You missed one.

LOL, yup, definitely operator error. :lol: :lol:

that put a big smile on my face, been wondering if you been enjoying them

oli700 said:
that put a big smile on my face, been wondering if you been enjoying them

Very much so. I did have one issue. I was shooting some Buffalo Bore rounds through the 45colt and the crosshair in the scope broke. :cry: These were some beefy loads but it bummed me out, probably too beefy as the casings did not want to eject without some coaxing.

I was packing them in pretty tight at 50 yards with the 357MAG as well. That is still one of my favorite rounds.

bummer, the scopes are on the older side ....and been around. How did the BB feel ? Those Contenders really transmit some recoil because absolutely such a tight lock up nothing escapes and takes the edge off the recoil......had a 45-70 barrel once that was no fun at all

oli700 said:
bummer, the scopes are on the older side ....and been around. How did the BB feel ? Those Contenders really transmit some recoil because absolutely such a tight lock up nothing escapes and takes the edge off the recoil......had a 45-70 barrel once that was no fun at all

The rounds were Buffalo Bore Deer Grenade's +P. The recoil was on the bad side, much more than one would expect from even a heavy 45colt load. On par with heavy 44 mag rounds but not as brutal as a 454. I only shot two rounds. I was going to stop because of the ejection issues before I noticed the scope.

I was also shooting BB rounds in the 357 and those were fine. These were 180 grain cast loads. Not too heavy, I've shot them in my revolver as well.

nice, they will handle quite a bit....super strong and overbuilt but everything has a limit I guess

oli700 said:
nice, they will handle quite a bit....super strong and overbuilt but everything has a limit I guess

I was PO'd at the time but it's not the first time I've broken a scope and probably not the last. When one approaches the limits of ones equipment the risk of failure is increased. I accept that as a reality.

At least I caught it now and can adjust my plans as opposed to noticing it after I arrived at deer camp.

Failure or no, I still love this freaking gun!!!!!

oli700 said:
Sweet ! Try the 44 mag much yet ?

Honestly, no. Not for lack of wanting. More for lack of available funds for all the different calibers I want to shoot. :D

oli700 said:
that baby is all that...and a bag of chips

:D

I had a Ruger SRH .44MAG years ago and loved it. One of the only guns I truly regret selling.

I just fired off an email to T/C support. I got to thinking and wondered if by any chance that scope came with a lifetime warranty. It never hurts to ask. :D

They are sending me a return label so they can check it out more closely. ;-D

MikeD said:
oli700 said:
Sweet ! Try the 44 mag much yet ?

Honestly, no. Not for lack of wanting. More for lack of available funds for all the different calibers I want to shoot. :D

Scored a free box of 50 yesterday (UMC 180gr JFP). I was helping my buddy do some work on his house between hunts and he offered up a box of 44 that he had found in his ammo box. He sold his 44 a couple years ago and didn't realize he still had ammo for it.

SWEET!!!!

Back