• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

Very bright, I have it on my home defense 930 spx. The light is fantastic, but if using it in an application similar to myself, I hope you do not have white walls on the interior of your home. Otherwise, you'll likely experience a washout and inhibit your own vision. Yes it's that bright! Luckily, the walls in my home are earth tones and don't washout.
+1

Their site says 630 lumens is great for clearing a room OR searching an alley...not specifically for outdoor use

The HL is designed for outdoor use.

Product Description
Streamlight 69260 TLR-1 HL High Lumen Rail-Mounted Tactical Light. The TLR-1 HL provides a 630 lumen blast of light for maximum illumination while clearing a room or searching an alley. Its wide beam pattern, lights up large areas so you can identify who or what is nearby. C4 LED delivers 12,000 candela peak beam intensity; 630 lumens. TIR optic produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination. Runs 1.25-Hours. Solid-state current regulation for consistent illumination level. It has an ambidextrous momentary/steady On-Off switch. Double tap momentary paddle to activate strobe. Securely fits a broad range of weapons; includes keys for Glock-style, Picatinny, Beretta 90two, S&W 99 and S&W TSW. Mounts directly to handguns with Glock-style rails and to all MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) rails. One handed snap-on and tighten interface keeps hands away from muzzle when attaching/detaching. Made up of 6000 series machined aircraft aluminum with anodized finish and shock-mounted glass lens. Tethered battery door and latch mechanism prevents battery door loss while providing easy battery replacement. Operating temperature: -40 to +120 Degree Fahrenheit. IPX7 waterproof to 1-meter for 30-Minutes. User programmable strobe can be enabled/disabled. Powered by two 3V CR123A lithium batteries (included). Serialized for positive identification. Length: 3.39-inch (8.61 cm); Weight: 4.18-ounce (118.6 grams). Comes with a limited lifetime warranty.

Okay. Go with that. I never actually read the manufacturers recommendation. I admittedly was naive.

DISCLAIMER: All of this is just speculation and my personal opinion which doesn't apply to anyone else but me.

I do weapon light stuff on a pretty regular basis and I see (by working alongside/with other night shift officers from neighboring departments who own many different brands of gear) which lights, beam patterns, and intensities work in the multiple environments we find ourselves in where we have zero to little control of the conditions we can predict ahead of time. Rain, fog, smoke, closets, under beds, across large greatrooms, in laundry rooms, football stadiums, pharmacy break-ins, attics, crawl spaces, in shoulder-high corn and waist-high cotton, dense woods, truck stops, tinted car windows ... you get my point. For this guy (me) I know when I have "enough" light, "too little" light, "too much" light, "too tightly focused" light. A Universal Rule among the guys I am around is that if you have to have JUST ONE LIGHT a wider evenly-flooded beam that is good to 40-50 yards is much preferred to a pencil hot-spot that claims 300-yard penetration. The first time I was searching for an armed and desparate fugitive in a forested area I quickly noticed how scary the dark voids were that were not lit around me by the spill of my light. Sure, a light with a LOT of throw and less spill would have come in handy a time or two but not that night. That light would have been pretty nice out in the open, though. But long-range lights (from my perspective) just don't appease most of the situations that I find myself in.

My shotgun light is an ElZetta with the Malkoff Device Flood emitter because I can more quickly pick up wide peripheral movement and color that I cannot see with an overpowering white hot center and a bit of spill effect. And the flood emitter is more than enough to illuminate the area that is within effective range of my shotgun ammunition. My AR has a plain-jane TLR-1 that doesn't even strobe. I bought it intentionally without a strobe. I keep all my lights as simple as possible. On. Off. No clickie/twistie/multi-mode/multi-output. I like my lights to be like me. Simple and stupid.

But I'm not you, and I don't know your circumstances and environments.

As a homeowner I recognize that knowing and predicting all the parameters around you allows each of us to choose a specific light that works for room clearing and everything else. Advantage Homeowner. Apparently, A TLR-1 HP does fill that requirement according to Streamlight. Buy one. Enjoy it. They are professional-grade gear. I own three TLR-1 lights and I am very much a fan-boy of their products. Owning a Streamlight weapon light is a good thing.

I learned something about the HP light. Thanks..

No disrespect at all intended. ...I just wasn't sure if you were right or not so i read the product description again to be sure myself as well.

Yep, no disrespect intended either. The TLR1-HL, in my opinion is a great light. Bright as all get out as I pointed out by "+1" on a post stating watch out for white walls. I was just pointing out that its intended purpose is not primarily outdoors. With the TLR-1 HL and other weapon lights, be aware that there will be a TREMENDOUS amount of light back scatter (Light reflecting back at you) should you have a weapon mounted light and you fire the weapon in the dark. The first time I did this, the light was quite disorienting. Practice shooting with whatever light source you have and try using it in various ways (Mounted / unmounted).

I didn't take any comments as disrespect, not at all. I appreciate all your comments, guys!

29ea905beff9eb239c5e82e8b06642aa.jpg

That sucker just came in... gotta get it on my 1911 later on

Just remounted one of my favorite lights, an old 120 lumen ITAC-TFL2, to my 7.5" pistol...

Uses a single AA battery and is sit'n in Magpul's railed light mount...

Yes Sir.

It's small enough to stay out of the way and not add much weight at all. On this pistol it's one of those better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it situations...

I'm trying to think outside the box for something small but haven't come up with anything yet

Almost bought a 180 lumen Streamlight Protac 1L, before remembered I had the ITac. It's under 3.5" with a .77" barrel and runs on one CR123A battery...

http://www.lapolicegear.com/streamlight-protac-1l.html

protac 1L.jpg

• Length: 3.35 in. (8.51 cm)
  • Head Diameter: 0.90 in. (2.29 cm)
  • Barrel Diameter: 0.77 in. (1.96 cm)
  • Weight: 2.0 oz (57 grams) with battery

C4 LED illumination output and run times:

• HIGH - 180 lumens; 3,800 candela peak beam intensity; runs 2 hours
  • LOW - 12 lumens; 250 candela peak beam intensity; runs 24 hours
  • STROBE – runs 4 hours

Back