• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Welco 8" Combat Boot, Desert Tan

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Just got these from the flea market the other day! Holy awesomely most comfortable boot ever!

WCT130.jpg

Some have the drain vents on the sides near the sole, but the ones I found are water proof with no vents, and are goretex lined.

Super lightweight and comfortable!!!

I've been buying those on eBay for several years now. They ARE really comfortable. I've also worn them in the rain and the waterproofing isn't too bad.

My only real complaint is that the soles wear very quickly if you wear them on concrete much.

My "go to" boots...

Seem like nice boots Rossignol...below are my stompers...

Western Chief Smoke Jumper Boots.

WCSMOKEJUMPERS-1.jpg

The U.S. smoke jumper program started in 1940. Jumping out of planes to fight fires in remote regions requires serious footwear that won't wear out quick. These rugged fire stompers fit the bill quite nicely.

Hot spots: Premium full-grain leather uppers; Oil-resistant Vibram rubber outsole; Repairable leather goodyear welt; Padded poron insole for comfort; Unlined for breathability; Half-gussetted tongue; Removable kiltie; approx. 11 1/2", 33 ozs. Boot has 6 eyelets - 4 'D' rings Color: Black

Gotcha on the soles Toby, these wont be everyday wear so it shouldnt be a huge issue.

Shooter, I know what you mean man about a solid pair of boots that will hold up. I got over 4 years out of my Red Wings with HEAVY everyday use, well worth the money!

Time to go to something lighter weight though, (my Red Wings weighed in at about 7 lbs!). I love those boots you posted and those are def more my usual style, my Red Wings were very similar and were worn for welding and climbing steel almost daily. Nice boots!

So far I am really enjoying the Welco desert boots!

Back