• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Well folks are finding guns to buy somewhere!

Tom396

.30-06
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...hatters-record-for-firearm-background-checks/

FBI figures show there were 4,317,804 NICS checks conducted in January 2021, eclipsing the previous record of 2,702,702, set in January 2020.

Daggone. Folks are finding guns available somewhere. Over 4 million checks in a single month?! And all the shelves I see are pretty bare. My local gun store owner says he can't get anything in, or at least nothing he thinks I would have any interest in (home defense stuff).

I read somewhere that hunting rifle popularity is up quite a bit. The place I read that said they believed that was because the pandemic has made hunting a more popular past time. I don't think that is it. :giggle: Take care. Tom Worthington

Tom, I believe that a broad preoccupation with “varmint control” is the big driver.

Hillary didn’t have to say “gun control” more than once to get my attention. Every varmint would enjoy gun control.

My local shop had a grand total of 9 long guns in the entire store last time I went in there. Had maybe 15 handguns. That was it.

His rack would probably hold 250 long guns if fully stocked. Probably 300 handguns. Much of what he had was 22lr handguns and 5 of the rifles were AR's and an old carcano.

Team Buds FTW!!

I do think the pandemic has increased hunting numbers. I noticed a lot more people in the woods during the spring turkey seasons and fall deer. When people arent working they have free time to do other things.

Im not sure if the number of new hunters has increased but it has given many the opportunity they migh not have had due to work schedule.

I did a mentored hunt in Sept for first time pheasant hunters and we had no problem filling slots. Most had 'some' hunting exp but not much.

Back