• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What do you carry on a daily basis?

Yeah I was fairly impressed by the old used and abused government issue one some Estonian(or something like that, don't remember who they were) let me shoot.

Here are the things normally found in my pockets and bag:

hlUpjAf.jpg

lPpwOEA.jpg

Apparently the pics I have of my EDC are to big so I guess I'll just tell you what I carry...

Glock 26
Extra 17rd magazine
Ka-bar TDI
Cold Steel AK-47

I also carry a bag with me in the car. It's full of basic medical supplies, water, glow sticks, and other assorted survival items.

The well rounded survival kit. Suitable for enemy territory or Las Vegas. Especially since Gold was $35/oz in 1964. Which would be about $4000 today. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5qqfsQGYus[/youtube]

With the purchase of the new Elzetta Bravo High Output Flashlight I have completed my EDC Kit.

vpkswx.jpg

Pictured here:

- Wallet with Wallet-Size Bill of Rights (IV Amendment is highlighted)
- REFactor Tactical Operator Band (Green Beret Edition)
- Nike FuelBand (Nike FueldBand)
- Cold Steel Rajah II Knife (Cold Steel Rajah II)
- Elzetta 650 lumen Bravo Flashlight w/ Crenellated Bezel Ring High/Low Tailcap (Model B333) ( B333 Info)
- Raven Concealment Pocket Clip (Clip Info)

I don't carry a weapon to work every day so that's why I decided not to include them in the picture but when I do carry (I.E. Nights and Weekends), I carry:

- Sig Sauer MK25 (P226 Navy) with SureFire X300 Ultra (500 Lumen) and Crimson Trace LG-326 Laser Grips. Mec-Gar Extended 20-rd magazines (1 in the gun and two on a Mag Carrier)
- Raven Concealment Phantom Light Compatible Holster with Magpul Dynamics Cut and Shield.
- 5.11 Tactical Operator Belt.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of this equipment, I'll be happy to give you my thoughts on any of them, especially if you were thinking about getting some of these.

Nice!

Bet hat CS Rajah II is one helluva stout knife. I have the CS Spartan and it's been great...

LCR 357, 1000 lumen flashlight, knife, zapper, speed loader

Attachments

• carry ready 003.JPG
    carry ready 003.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 317
No pictures from me yet but I carry:

Kahr CM9 / Alabama Kydex pocket holster.....you can't even tell I'm carrying
extra mag
Phone, keys, knife and mace for those times when it's best not to raise it to the next level.

tnxdshooter said:
Sn3aKyGuY said:
tnxdshooter said:
On duty as Security guard

I carry a level two black hawk CQC one for the Springfield and one for the 1911 depending on which I want to carry on any given day. With black hawk mag holders and two extra mags.

I too use the Blackhawk SerpaII CQC for my Glock 19 when open carrying on duty. I am usually concealed on duty though as I find myself in accounts that don't want us worrying customers by openly carrying a weapon. I love the idea of the SuperTuck, but I actually modified my Galco IWB holster to work similar to that. If you cut down some of the leather that is holding the belt clip away it gives you plenty of room to tuck your shirt between the clip and the holster.

For spare mags, I usually have a 5.11 Tactical Holster Shirt on under my uniform so that's where they go (on cross draw side) with cuffs/zip cuffs on the draw side.

No offense but I wouldnt carry a 9mm if my life depended on it. My cousin is an undercover detective on the Nashville gang unit. They used to be issued 9mm but started issuing 40 cal and 357 sig after they were shooting dudes with 9mm hopped up on drugs and it wouldnt even phase em. He has seen to many 9mm rounds not stop someone and once emptied two whole magazines of nine through the back window of a car all rounds but two rounds striking the assailant and the assailant was still alive. My cousin actually ran out of ammo and had to pull his back up .38 out of his ankle holster to continue in the fight and the guy finally went down after taking a 357 sig round in the chest from another officer. I am sorry I just dont trust 9mm. I know I will probably get bashed for this but it is my opinion and I am entitled to it. I know the story sounds hard to believe but honest to God it is true the person was hopped up on meth. The reason they kept shooting is because the vehicle was still moving towards them and they were running backwards shooting. Why do you think John Browning developed the .45 acp specifically the 1911? Because the us service men were shooting mores (kind of like samoans) on their island that were hopped up on meth and .38 werent doing jack to em. Where as when they hit em with the "flying ashtray" (.45 acp) it would drop em like a bad habit.

just want to correct some info u gave here sir...the 'mores' are actually 'Moros'-natives from our Mindanao region (definitely not Samoan) fighting the americans in the Phil-American war...they had high battle morale and used native concoctions or drugs with hallucinating properties, thus the 38 long colt used as standard by your troops had little effect on them in terms of stopping power...

so you see, if not for us Filipinos, the famed 1911 would not have been developed.. :cool:

Havoc...The 1911 was developed in the 1890's, the Philippine-American War was in 1899-1902. I believe the design came before the Army adopted it as Standard Issue in 1911. Older .45 cal. M1873 Colt revolvers were sent to the Philippines and the .45 round proved to be more effective than the .38.

But....God Bless John Moses Browning!

trcolt.jpg

Scott M: thanks sir for correcting me, that the 1911 was developed even before the Philippine-American War...my bad then..what i meant to correct is that it was Filipinos, not 'mores' and not Samoans, which were the opponents of americans, since the then standard issue of that time was insufficient to stop them at thier tracks, maybe largely also due to drug enhancements...and the 45 caliber bullet proved to more of a man stopper-hence further testing and eventual adoption of the 1911; and the rest as they say is history...

upon further reading- it was the 45 caliber bullet that was used in the Phil-American war due to its stopping power...(45 cal revolvers were used then...) and paved the way for furhter testing..official adoption of the 1911 pistol was in the year 1911..no official year is indicated that the 1911 pistol was developed in the early 1890s or prior to the war...

Can someone please clear this?

My apologies to the thread starter...anyway great EDCs posted here by the way...

so as go back on topic- my EDC share:

9237278b-7729-474a-a0de-36e7c233f830_zps6fc1c945.jpg

beretta tomcat o grovetec pocket holster
2 spare mags
leatherman raptor
lighter
eagletac flashlight d25a ti
zebralight 52
ASP mini Baton
blackberry phone
plantronics bluetooth headset...

id appreciate if someone one further shed light on the 1911 history and development here..Thnks everyone in advance..

God I sure do miss tnxdshooter and his posts. He was pure gold.

I think the first JMB pistol design that eventually became the M1911 (with modifications) was first seen in 1903.

ElZetta lights ROCK.

nitesite said:
God I sure do miss tnxdshooter and his posts. He was pure gold.

I think the first JMB pistol design that eventually became the M1911 (with modifications) was first seen in 1903.

ElZetta lights ROCK.

this is also what ive read sir...hence 1911 pistol development only commmenced after the reported very good terminal ballistics of the 45 caliber bullet as used in revolvers tooled for the bullet during the Phil-American war (1899-1902) against the drug-induced Moros of Mindanao...

it is also interesting to note that in our nations' history, the Mindanao Region wasnt fully occupied by Americans during that period-only Luzon and Visayas was fully occupied and colonized... :)

wish elzetta lights were available here too..:)

Back