• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What do you get with the "AR-Style Post Front Sights"

Unalist

Copper BB
I've looked around online and zoomed in on the pictures but I can't really tell how the "AR-style front post sights" is different from the blade front site post of the standard ghost sites. Is the AR-style have the left and right "flares" with the actual site in the middle like the M-16/AR-15 family?

Are you able to link up a pic or two? The LPA sight is what comes to mind.

To me these may be AR "styled" in as much as they're raised somewhat with a front post and protected on either side. But that's where it ends.

On that first picture, what model is that?

In the first it's a little difficult to tell. It looks like an SPX model but also looks like a dovetail cut which is what the second one is. On the SPX models, it's more like what you describe in your first post with the blade in the middle but its not a dovetail fit. It screws in but is not like an AR post either.

What is it you want to do or what are you looking for? Do you prefer the dovetail cut sights or the other?

I found the model, a left hand model. It lists the sight as being an XS sight. XS lists only dovetail rifle sights for Mossberg. If all I've found is true, then both photos you have linked use the same dovetail cut, but, not all models use this style and the SPX I mentioned uses a screw in type blade between two protective wings if you will.

Now I see in the catalog the SPX model says M16 Style Front Sight and the other XS ones say
XS Ghost Ring Rear/AR-Style Post Front Sights.

Thank you!

Yea, they're both the same dovetail, just different ways of putting the dovetail on. The hollow one is XS brand sights while the other is Mossberg's sights.

Back