• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

what do you think of the CDM light mount?

I've spent a while on this forum and online researching a light mount for use on a 500 12ga 20" with magazine extension.

I've tentatively decided to go with the CDM Mod C http://www.amazon.com/CDM-MOD-C-Sho...UTF8&colid=24PC99IHEFTQQ&coliid=ILV673RR9TSQW but I wanted to run it past this forum first.

I intend to have the flashlight do double duty, both on my SG and carrying it on my person. Therefore, I don't want a mount with rails to take a rail-light.

My thinking is that the CDM will fit on the end of my gun and hold whatever small flashlight I settle on. The mounting point for a sling is also a plus.

What experiences have you folks had with this mount? Is it tough?

Thanks.

Hello, johncard~

The CDM mount is very high quality. It is superb as a professional grade mount for a light which is kept on your shotgun.

You suggest that you want to trade off your light between (1) on your gun and (2) on your person, so I would strongly suggest looking at the ElZetta ZSM-T. With it, you can drop your light from your pocket or nightstand into the mount and snug it down with an included thrumbscrew. When you wish, you can take your light off the gun in two seconds, anywhere/anytime without tools. And it is professional grade, plus is in the same price range and you can add a sling mount to it.

http://www.elzetta.com/zsmFAQ.htm

Thanks for bringing the Elzetta to my attention. Do you have one - I've looked at their website and can't tell if adding the sling mount is an extra $36 on top of the $40 for the mount.

I'll definitely look into it further - it seems that either of these products meets my minimum requirements for a tough flashlight mount that can take also mount a sling.

Anyone else have experiences or recommendations to share about these two products?

thanks

Hi, johncard~

Yes, I have one. I purchased the ElZetta light and mount together for my 590 shotgun I carry for work. I am extremely pleased with the mount. I belt carry the light (which is absolutely fantastic BTW) and mount it to my shotgun in under five seconds when I want it on the long gun.

The sling attachment option, unfortunately, is an added expense but is also very high quality.

Since taking these photos I have moved the mount much further forward.

Back