• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What is the verdict on lasers on the Shockwave?

pepi

.270 WIN
I've read a lot on adding a laser (mostly green) to the Shockwave. Any of you guys do this and still have yours mounted? What laser did you find that worked the best?

I put the Crimson Trace CMR-206 on mine. I had it sitting in my safe. I put the Black Aces rail/side saddle and put the laser near the muzzle. I really like it.

I put the Crimson Trace CMR-206 on mine. I had it sitting in my safe. I put the Black Aces rail/side saddle and put the laser near the muzzle. I really like it.

I see where this laser is pretty good in the sun. What do you think?

Not bad. When you can't see the laser do you have any issues with hitting your targets? I was wondering if a laser could be attached to the front of the Shockwave and that way your sights would still be available.

The Black Aces rail is high enough so you can still see the front sight under the rail. The laser is aligned with the front sight. The red laser on my MP 340 revolver was not visible at all, but the green works well.

If they had one of those shotgun lasers in green that projected a pattern, I would buy that.

Do you think the Crimson Trace CMR-206 due it's smaller size would fit on this front barrel mount?

CDM-Gear-MTR.jpg

The big issue with the laser, and more so on side mounted lasers, is the offset from the bore. I pointed my 12ga boresighter at an object 10' away and lined up the Crimson Trace laser to the same point. Now a target 30' away shows the dots are separated by a pretty good gap (I've long forgotten the numbers- just working from memory).

If your intent is to use the laser to help with getting a slug on the target, keep that in mind. In other words, if your laser is sighted at a certain distance, you will hit targets at that distance, but may miss if the target is nearer or farther. You can train for that I suppose, but it will take a lot of shells. I imagine the issue would be less pronounced with buckshot but I haven't experimented with mine yet.

Back