• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What song are you listening to right now

well my ipod broke, so i downloaded every song i have on my itunes to my phone. i now have 5809 songs or 16 days 17 hours 52 minutes and 27 seconds worth of music on my commando....
so..what's on my ipod now? everything....

Lol... Steel Panther... :) Going to see them on 4/19!
WARNING: I am not responsible for you looking up this band. They are lewd, crude, obscene, and well.... 80's lol

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

Archametes said:
WARNING: I am not responsible for you looking up this band. They are lewd, crude, obscene, and well.... 80's lol

I'm actually friends with Ralph. (Michael Starr) I used to be a roadie. And they (Atomic Punks) would play at the Viper Room on Wednesday's Metal Shop....I love that band. The songs remind me of the good ol days when Dice ruled...

Hell yeah! The Diceman Cometh is one if the best...

Archametes said:

:lol:

I've got "Feel the Steel" and "Balls Out" in my collection. Funny stuff...

Death To ALL But Metal! Rock On LES! Lol I saw the other day they have a DVD out too called British Invasion. Its a live taping of sorts if their UK tour for the 1st album. $9.99 at Best Buy ;)

I had the feel the steel on repeat all day. Singing to myself....got snagged 2xs by the lady super....oops.

Yeah I gotta watch the door and turn it down if clients come into the shop... but otherwise its all good. I seriously think the humor to it makes the day go by faster.

OK, This is not my favorite, just what I recently downloaded.

I'm offering up an extra +5 points for the audio clip but a WHOPPING +50 points for a snatch of the album cover!!!!

King Harvest, a barely known band of Americans living in Holland in 1973 or some such shit. But I know you have heard the song.

"Dancing in the Moonlight" by King Harvest....

Cover:

DancingInTheMoonlightKingHarvestSingle.jpg

Audio clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR47TZdJg64

C'Mon, let's see what you can bring!!!! Not just the song title and some YouTube video but actual album cover art!

OMG....I'm in heaven... :D

Last edited:
This is a good one that tells a really sad and little known story from American history...

...here's more about the story of "Duffy's Cut"...

- from - "The Ghosts of Duffy's Cut: The Irish Who Died Building America's Most Dangerous Stretch of Railroad"

In 1832, 57 Irish Catholic workers were brought to the United States to lay one of the most difficult miles of American railway, Duffy's Cut of the Pennsylvania Railroad. These men were chosen because, in the eyes of the railroad company that hired them, they were expendable. Deaths were common during the building of the railway but this stretch was worse than most. When cholera swept the camp basic medical attention and community support was denied to them. In the end all 57 men—the entire work crew—died and were buried in a mass unmarked grave. Their families in Ireland were never notified about what happened to them. The company did its best to cover up the incident, which was certainly one of the worst labor tragedies in U.S. history. Set against the backdrop of a rapidly industrializing America, this book tells the story of these men, the sacrifices they made, and the mistreatment that claimed their lives.

The saga of Duffy's Cut focuses particularly on the Irish laborers who built the railroads. Who were these men? Who hired them? Why did they come? Perhaps most important, why did they die? Based on archaeological digs at the site and meticulous historical research, the authors argue that the annihilation of the work crew came about because of the extreme conditions of their employment, the prejudice of the surrounding community, and the vigilante violence that kept them isolated. In shedding light on this tragic chapter in American labor history, The Ghosts of Duffy's Cut also illuminates a dark side of America's rise to greatness.

The book details the cover-up of one of the worst labor tragedies in American history—the death (and probable murder) of 57 Irish immigrant workers in a cholera-stricken railroad camp in 1832...

Last edited by a moderator:
Duffy's Cut isn't to far from here and when it does come up it's generally accepted that they were murdered. It's not talked a about a lot due to the massacre of innocents. It's preferred to discuss the area's participation in the under ground railroad leading up to the civil war.

Back