• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's the minimum size land for hunting??

C8V6C said:
Damn that's hella cheap...need to buy some land in Texas hahahaa

That's the cheapest parcel we have found that is wooded, etc. The cheapest land by far is right by the Rio Grand River/ Mexican border (you can get 40 acres for $8000). But it's like a damn desert out there! Alot of the land closer to our home was upwards of $3k-15k and plus per acre. But I refused to buy land that had no trees and is 120 degrees in summer and it would take us 10 hours to drive to it. No thanks! So I'm really happy we found something affordable, wooded, and closer to home. 7 hours to go on ebay!! I have a feeling someone will jump right in to bid at the last hour. I guess I better get prepared and have a plan/ max bid.

That sheds some light, so it is a power line, it should have a road that goes through the middle for right of way maintenance, a highway with in 1 1/2 miles and several structures with in a 1/2 mile. Looks like the legs of the L are about 600 to 700 feet wide or roughly 2 football fields end to end, 200 to 250 yards….not very far depending on what you are hunting with and for, a wounded animal can easily go onto adjacent property. All the structures are in range of most all hunting cartages. The highway is in range of some high power rifles….meaning the projectile has the ability to make that far on accident. Not saying it can’t be done but those are some of the issues I would be thinking about.

Bow hunting would be awesome in there, are there hogs around those parts ?....I am wondering how busy it is around the property…as far as people, noise , rigs up and down the roads .

Wow, I'm glad you know what you are talking about and know how to read the maps. I understand much more now. Well, all in all....if anything, it will still be a good place to camp and ride 4 wheelers and also we could set up mounds for target shooting (I'm not sure I could hunt animals anyway, just personally). And we could do small game until we really access the surroundings, etc. There is now another bidder for the property, so not sure how its going to pan out. 6 more hours until listing ends.

Now you are talking, build a track for riding, push up some mounds for target shooting and set up a wall tent with a big fire pit…that sounds awesome.
Probably could still do some bird hunting and hog hunting with a shotgun, if a deer wonders in, you could get him with the shotgun too. I think you could do slugs and buck shot safely on 80% of that property. Slugs will travel far if you point way up but at the plane the gun will be held for hunting they fall to the ground pretty quick, nothing at all like if you were hunting with a rifle.

I was worried about those roads and buildings too, but as GLG2 said, it'd make some good camping/target/gen. rec. land.

yea I'm a little Bummed about that, but we'll have to do our research to see what's possible. the listing has 1 hour and 40 min to go, we are the highest bidder so far. the bid is for the down payment.

Gratz on the purchase!! Make sure to get some pictures of the setup out there for us first time you go out. I know the seller said he wasn't sure if the pictures he had posted were of that exact 10 acres or part of the 35 he had previously sold. It'll give us a little more detail to work with.

just my $.02, 10 acres is enough IF is surrounded by good hunting lands. Hopefully, your neighbors aren't excessive trespassing or putting excessive pressure on the game.
Spend this year scouting, maybe hunt early season and get some cameras our to see whats moving around. You may also set aside some of the thickest areas as a "reserve". A safe spot for the deer and set your stand between there and the creek or a food plot.
The scouting will also give you a chance to see if you need to perform predator control.

GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
WE WON!!!

woo hooo!!!

congrats on the new property! see...good stuff comes in all sorts of sizes...including 10 acres!!

i hope the best for you and harvey! and happy hunting!!!

Fronty Owner said:
The scouting will also give you a chance to see if you need to perform predator control.

Just call in the Swartzanegar. He has pleanty of experiance with predators. As do aliens! Althogh in my opinon the predator beat the aliens. /end lame movie refrences

FYI: Sorry about the awsome spelling. I'm on my phone atm

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Fronty Owner said:

Just call in the Swartzanegar. He has pleanty of experiance with predators. As do aliens! Althogh in my opinon the predator beat the aliens. /end lame movie refrences

FYI: Sorry about the awsome spelling. I'm on my phone atm

What would a post be without your humor?! lol I knew it was coming eventually.

nah...he's to busy govornating his alien of a mistress...

you're better off getting ripley.

Again, I'm behind the curve... But!

CONGRATS!!! Looks like a great property!

Have you been there yet? Hows it look?

Back