• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's the value of my 500?

What's the best (most accurate) way to determine the retail market value of my 500? It was born in the mid 70's and don't want to give it away. I also don't want to ripoff the next owner. Just a fair clean deal, value for value trade or a cash sale. I really have no idea.

All depends on the particulars of the model and it's relative condition. Do you know which model 500?

I paid $160 for a mid 60's vintage 500 a month or so ago. It was a 16 gauge 500B field model in excellent condition. That was a steal in my opinion. The older 500 police models would likely be worth more. I would search Gunbroker.com for the same model in similar condition and get a idea of asking prices that way...

Ill second the gun broker or armslist idea, that gives you a range to consider of what the market is willing to pay.

I found my 1979 New Haven Model 600AT (re-branded Model 500) 12 Ga. with 28" barrel with C-Lect Choke for $125 last December. It was in decent shape with original wood and the minor scrapes from normal 30 plus years of use. I did have to replace the extractors and extractor springs, but that was an easy and common fix. Not sure if I got it cheap, normal or high priced?, but I like it and plan on keeping it. Hope that helps a bit.
Mark

Back