• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wheel GUNS!!

Okay my 10-day waiting period is up and I got the new single action mini revolver. In California I paid $514 for this with the tax & fees. This is a used gun & it has only been test-fired, by me, when the owner decided to sell it. It is absolutely like new.
View attachment 11929
This is the North American Arms Sidewinder made in Provo Utah. It's all stainless steel with cocobolo grips in the classic bird head pattern.
View attachment 11930
It comes with a separate cylinder so you can convert it from 22 long rifle to 22 magnum rimfire.
View attachment 11931
I have not shot this one yet but the little star extractor system should make it easy to unload.
View attachment 11932
You can see that it's only a 5-shot.

Swinging out the cylinder is a little trickier than on a more substantial revolver. It only requires three fingers but they have to be the right ones. :D

The cylinder has 10 notches: 5 firing positions and five safety positions between them.

You carry this gun fully loaded, with the hammer down on any one of the five safeties. Then you simply draw cock and Fire. There's absolutely no chance of a drop-fire or impact fire as long as you have the gun on safety.

I also got the $30 plastic folding grip/clip/holster assembly. I will shoot some photos of that when I get it on
I've always owned a NAA .22MAG/.22LR conversion revolver; I sold my first one once, but replaced it shortly thereafter because they're so handy. Overbuilt too, like a tank, and precise in their tolerances.

I've got the original though with cylinders that come all the way out without a crane; carry it loaded with magnums and carry the entire separate cylinder already loaded with long rifles. This is my formal wear carry setup...

2007010_zps95d1182d.jpg

Don't know if you've checked out ideal ammo yet; but the best SD load, if you want a hollowpoint that actually expands reliably out of such a short barrel, is the CCI 30 grain TNT rounds (#0063)... they still get decent penetration too. Plenty of other makers claim their SD rounds expand, but they really don't; at least not reliably out of a NAA. From an American Rifleman article testing various SD rounds out of the NAA...

EDC001_zps1e3931e8.jpg

CMQ,

I'm really surprised that a Cimarron Evil Roy is showing signs of physical damage from firing. Give them a chance to fix the problem. It should be a flawless revolver. I know that mine is. Probably just a bad cylinder pin, hopefully.

LOL...please call me Cadd. CaddmannQ is way too much to type, and CMQ sounds like a social disease. :p

From what I read online I'm not the only person that had this problem with the Evil Roy. I think that's why they make the improved cylinder pin.

I have not yet broken down and bought the $30+ improved cylinder pin for it yet. That's because instead of working on the guns I have that need work, I just keep buying more guns. :D:D:D

Okay not really . . . I've been spending my spare time working on the old shotgun. I have not shot a shotgun in over 40 years, and I have never owned one so I'm just dying to get it out & blast something .

I've had the evil Roy out for several more rounds of target shooting and it's getting nicely broken-in.

What I mean to say that the action was perfect from day one and it needed absolutely no breaking in, but there was one part that did need breaking in & that was the main pin.

Every time I fired this gun the cross pin put a little dent in the groove of the main pin. As it turns out this is basically due to the fact the main pin and the Cross Pin do not meet quite properly. However after the pin has been hammered many times all the way around, and smoothed off by me, the groove on the main pin is now reshaped and does not seem to be taking further damage.

I get the pleasure of detail cleaning my mother-in-laws S&W model 15-3 (combat masterpiece) this Christmas Eve.

It has been on HD duty since his passing. Truth known, probably long before, but this is the one gun that my mother-in-law has insisted on keeping. And I was fortunate enough to be able to teach her how to shoot it after he passed away.

A few quick observations, the trigger is very wide. Which makes me wonder if it isn't a target trigger. If there is a such thing. The trigger itself is actually wider than the trigger guard. The hammer and trigger both are both the same color, but different from the rest of the gun, and it also has adjustable rear sights. They sure do make it a nice gun to shoot. It's very responsive and accurate.

Best I can tell, this one was made in '67.

It's 4 inch blued barrel is marked 38 S&W and 38 Special.

A few photos just because it's in such good condition for its' age.

S&W 15-3 combat masterpiece 003.JPG

S&W 15-3 combat masterpiece 006.JPG

I get the pleasure of detail cleaning my mother-in-laws S&W model 15-3 (combat masterpiece) this Christmas Eve.

View attachment 13886

View attachment 13887

John, the trigger and hammer are what S&W marketed as the Target Trigger and Target hammer. A standard trigger was only as wide throughout its entire length as where it protrudes from the frame. Very nice revolver she has there.

Recent addition to the family - 627 PC

madjack13~ I love that revolver of yours. Having a 627 Performance Center myself I can imagine how jazzed you are to own a moon-clipped 8-shot N-frame in .357 magnum. Mine brings me great joy.

What moon clips do you prefer?

madjack13~

I know a Texas lawman who works a pretty tough area who carries that same PC 627 and uses on his duty belt mace spray carriers that are just perfect for an HKS 8-shot speed loader in the bottom of each, with a steel 8-shot moon clip on top of it and the flap snapped over the top. He carries three of them, plus the eight in his gun.

madjack13~ I love that revolver of yours. Having a 627 Performance Center myself I can imagine how jazzed you are to own a moon-clipped 8-shot N-frame in .357 magnum. Mine brings me great joy.

What moon clips do you prefer?
So far, so good. Very comfortable to shoot, installed the Wilson Combat spring kit.

Honestly, I have no experience with the moon clips available for the 8 shot. (Experience is Sig & Glock based, recommendations would be appreciated). Using the OEM clips and 3 5-Star speed loaders.

Last edited:
madjack13~

I know a Texas lawman who works a pretty tough area who carries that same PC 627 and uses on his duty belt mace spray carriers that are just perfect for an HKS 8-shot speed loader in the bottom of each, with a steel 8-shot moon clip on top of it and the flap snapped over the top. He carries three of them, plus the eight in his gun.

I'd take speed loaders over mace anytime!

Back