• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

When did this happen?

daytime dave

.270 WIN
I just got a Mossberg 500 combo outfit at Dick's Sporting Goods. I remember Mossberg was always about fifty dollars cheaper than the Remington combo come deer season. I have a Remington 870 in 20 gauge that is a self made combo. I have always been happy with it.

I was reading the Sunday paper and the ad for the Mossy combo said scope, switchable cheek pieces and I started researching the combo. Both barrels are ported too. Switchable choke tubes too Wow. I don't have a 12 gauge pump with a rifled tube, so I went and got one. Holy cow, those are some great features on the Mossberg.

I remember the combo being an 181/2 smooth barrel and a bird barrel. When did all the different features make it into the combo package is my question?

I guess no one knows.

I must say I am impressed with all the features that are put into that combo package. The more I look at it, the more I like it. I can't wait to take it out. I'm really getting interested in Mossbergs.

Daytime Dave, I'm sorry that you didn't get a response yet. That's not what MO is about. Unfortunately I can't answer your question either. I'm sure someone will along shortly that can give you some insight into your original question. Do you know if this is a Mossberg combo? It sounds like it may be a Dick's combo.

Regardless, it does sound like a great combo. Can I ask what you had to pay for it? Have you had a chance to shoot it? I'm curious on the scope, it's magnification and how accurate it is for you.

Thanks in advance,
-Carbinemike

Mike, I paid 299.00 on sale. I am amazed at all the features that are packed into this combo. The scope is a 4x32 Chinese scope. I have yet to sight it in. It has three screw in choke tubes, ported barrels, dual sight beads on the bird barrel, two different interchangeable stock combs and nice wood. I can't believe the quality for the price.

I appreciate your response. I wasn't looking for the exact date, I was merely wondering when this became available. I had read some posts regarding other Mossberg combos that didn't have the interchangeable chokes nor optics. I was told Mossberg relocated and changed things around, for lack of better words.

This combo marks the second Mossberg purchase in a month. I think the bug has bitten me good.

I think different combos have been around for a long time. I don't see one with a scope and wonder if Dick's added that themselves. I know Mossberg seems to use Barska scopes when supplied by them. Mossberg hasn't relocated although I think a lot of people would like to see them leave CT due to the unfriendly firearm laws. It looks like you got a nice set up. I may look at it when I'm ready to add another shotgun to the mix. Again, I hope you post up how it does shooting (pics too!)

That sounds like a combo similar to what Dunhams has. I got mine last year for $399, but they have the same combo this year for $299. It comes with a synthetic stock and forend, 24" rifled barrel with cantilevered scope mount, and 28" AccuChoke barrel. It also comes with a cheapo BSA Deerhunter 2.5x20 scope, but I ditched it.

Back