• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

When will they learn?

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Apparently, not any time soon.

Regardless of what "their base" tends to believe, the majority of Americans (Democrat or Republican or Independent) do not like being told what to do.

And this especially goes for when they are attempting to subrogate our rights.

There are countless numbers that would support my hypothesis, but this recent little unknown article is a gem.

http://www.nssfblog.com/leaders-of-...aign=Feed:+NSSFGR+(NSSF+Government+Relations)

Leaders of Smart Gun Mandate Movement Lose Primaries

"Last week, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts held its primaries for the upcoming November election. While the outcomes of most of the races were anticipated, two of them did deliver landmark upsets. On Sept. 9, nine-term Representative John Tierney lost his primary election, a blow that has not been dealt to an incumbent Congressman from Massachusetts in 22 years. Joining Tierney in the losers’ circle was Warren Tolman, who lost his Democratic bid for attorney general to Maura Healy.

Besides their recent primary losses, what other striking similarity exists between these two outliers? Both candidates were staunch supporters of a mandate for so-called “smart gun” technology. The National Shooting Sports Foundation had no objection to the continued development of authorized user recognition technology but believes that law-abiding gun owners should be able to decide for themselves whether or not they would like to purchase firearms that include it.

Congressman Tierney has been a consistent proponent of this legislation, including sponsoring a
bill
in 2013 that would require all guns to have this technology. The
legislation has not progressed in the House of Representatives since it was introduced and likely will not be passed since its primary supporter has been unseated. Tolman also made the smart gun mandate a pillar of his platform, going so far as to release an ad where he pledges to take on the National Rifle Association and mandate the technology. He planned to leverage existing laws in Massachusetts that would allow him as Attorney General to implement the mandate without having to pass legislation.

Undoubtedly, there are many factors that contributed to these two candidates’ losses. However, it is certainly a coincidence that both were strong supporters of mandating that technology and both lost their elections."

But it was for the children......

The voters clearly got it wrong.

<grin>

I don't support the technology in any way. Once it is there and it is considered foolproof, it WILL be implemented, all it will take is another mass shooting or something and presto it will be crammed down our throats. There is no other reason to develop it on the side.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation had no objection to the continued development of authorized user recognition technology ....

Azzholes

They do not realize what a slippery slope that is.

Just because something is developed with good intentions, doesn't mean it will stay that way. I've often heard the expression that the road to hell was paved with it.

With that said, the NSSF is more or less a conglomerate of ideologies of various firearm manufacturers and they actually do a lot of good for gun owners.

I'm also not advocating they support the technology because I think it would be resisted from now on. But they do host shot show and a lot of other things for gun owners and safe firearm training and marksmanship for children, etc.

Free will is a b*****. No amount of technology or laws today, tomorrow or in the future will control the mind of someone that wants to do harm. It will only restrict those of us choose to follow the rules. One only needs to look at the number of people that flow through our penal system a year to see that.

I can't think of a single technological breakthrough in mans history that was not somehow used against him in some way. And it's all sold to us under the name of convenience and/or safety.

We are our own worst enemy.

I'll say this... if you issue it to military and police officers and it has good remarks... the public will buy it. If you force it on the public and exempt police and military... then you can GFY because you know it's not reliable tech.

The only way I could ever see it being used for M&P would be if they could enable by group, i.e. any US soldier/LEO could pick it up and use it. Being tied to one single individual would leave too much to risk in that type of environment.

The only way I could ever see it being used for M&P would be if they could enable by group, i.e. any US soldier/LEO could pick it up and use it. Being tied to one single individual would leave too much to risk in that type of environment.
And it's too much risk if I'm away and my wife needs to use it to defend my kids....

I just find it unsettling and objectionable that organizations such as NSSF, NRA, etc. have been forced to become politically active in my lifetime because of attacks on our Rights. This should not be their primary reason for existing. In fact, if it weren't for the constant efforts of the Govt and various advocacy groups to Infringe on RKBA, politics would not even be in their vocabulary.

I'm going to rig my garage door opener to render all your guy's smart guns inoperable. Then I am going to turn my smart gun into a remote turret and it will shoot you if you come outside to bitch

Back