• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where's the swivel hook?

FMA1972

.22LR
Brand new to the site, but gone crazy buying the 590 A1. In the past 30 days, I bought the Blackwater series, models 51663 and 51660....simply because I could not make up my mind. I do have a question: in the website picture of each shotgun, there's a tiny ring at the end of the bayonet lug where I assume you put a sling swivel. It looks like the one on the bottom of the stock, but each of my 3 guns do not have it...only the bayonet lug itself. There's a small envelope in the box the gun came , but the gun dealer said that was a thing to mount to the end of the magazine tube to put a sling swivel.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Henry1899

FMA1972 said:
Brand new to the site, but gone crazy buying the 590 A1. In the past 30 days, I bought the Blackwater series, models 51663 and 51660....simply because I could not make up my mind. I do have a question: in the website picture of each shotgun, there's a tiny ring at the end of the bayonet lug where I assume you put a sling swivel. It looks like the one on the bottom of the stock, but each of my 3 guns do not have it...only the bayonet lug itself. There's a small envelope in the box the gun came , but the gun dealer said that was a thing to mount to the end of the magazine tube to put a sling swivel.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Henry1899

welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new mossy's.

looking at all the pics you are right there is a swivel stud on the bottom of the lug for your models.
should be a machine thread on that stud.
they also make one that goes on the mag tube for other models.
give mossberg a call and see why you didn't get it.customer service (800) 363-3555

Thanks, Old Mossy. Maybe that's what is in the small envelope. The threaded hole is there, but the swivel stud isn't . I'll check and call them if that's not what it is.

here's a good pic of both the mag cap and the lug.

Attachments

• Mossberg590tactical5-1.jpg
    Mossberg590tactical5-1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 249
No disrespect intended, but the dealer is mistaken.

Your guns don't come with a swivel stud for the mag tube cap. The parts you're looking for are in the little yellow envelope...

Thanks, Lazy Eye'd....guess I shoulld'a opend the thing before posting. I am on vacation with my new guns and left the yellow envelope in the box at home. Can't wait to get back and put it all together with the sling!

No problem.

The swivel studs will be in the envelope, but you will still need to pick up a couple sling swivels for each shotgun. They're pretty cheap and can be found at WalMart or most any sproting goods store...

Bought a Montana Sling this afternoon. Came with uncle mike's swivels, and I read a lot of good reviews, so I feel pretty good about it. It is kind of an orangey brown, but that's the way it looks on their website. May try and find a black one to look more color coordinated with the 590 a1 model 51663. A couple of the reviews said do not try and stain it, so I guess I will leave it as is. Anyone have this sling? It is the 1 1/4" brown.

Back