• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Which State has the most Carry Permits ?

Bobster

.30-06
Which State has the most Carry Permits? Jeb says Florida has twice as many permit holders as Texas! Whaaaat? ;) Can this be true? :p Politifact STORY on this topic...

Disclaimer: Politifact is about as conservative as Snopes in their bias on conservative subjects... In other words, take ANY info from PF with a grain of salt in your jaded eye! :rolleyes:

PS: there are other pertinent links on this subject on the right side of the PF page linked...

According to LegallyArmed.com, FL has 1,364, 584 to TX 825,957 active permits. Keep in mind that FL issues to non-residents like me. I didn't see the resident/non-resident breakdown although one report showed about 10% were non-resident a couple years ago.

Ohio just started recognizing any permit from any state regardless of reciprocity. If you have a permit your legal to carry in Ohio (following Ohio's laws, of course).

I was going to mention non-resident but OA beat me to it. Almost anyone could, and probably still can, get a carry permit from FL, it was considered a joke.

People from MI that could not get a full carry prior to shall issue would apply to FL because it would allow them to carry in reciprocating states as well.

My knowledge of this is quite old, prior to MI becoming shall issue. Not sure if still applies.

@Bobster Well add another one for Florida I went down this morning and handed in my app. for my ccw permit, got finger printed, paid my $134. and was told because I'm an honorable discharged vet they will expedite it and I should see it within a month.

Thank you Florida!

we're way down the list, but I found this interesting:
judges.jpg

So 10x as many Texans have a CCW as Californians.

Pitiful. :(

Back