• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Whoops!

Wrenches said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlGZ5rr_v6A

Oh that's a bad day! Back when I was young and frisky, I raced a '69 Hemi Super Bee on the weekends at various strips in TN an MS. Hit a pothole on a outlaw strip in MS once at well over 100mph, and damn near tore a wheel off. That could have been a really bad thing.

Since you're here to tell us about it you must be ok. ;)

I had one bad luck with a pothole. I was riding a motor scooter (Sears Cruisair, remember them? Like a Vespa) after rain and I went through a puddle with a pothole hidden in it. What happened was that my front wheel buried in it and stopped my scooter cold. Unfortunately I kept going and slid in the gravels. I got messed up with scrapes and cuts on my hands, arms and on the side of my hip. Talk about hurting and I couldn't wear my pants for days.

Oh damn!

I'll bet that fella now knows how long it takes to clean a load of crap outta one of those fire suits. I wonder if his crew chief survived the beat'n afterward...

Oh wow! That is crazy.

Since we're all reminiscing about our scrubs...here's mine.

I had the Sears Screamer bmx bike when I was a kid. I used to take it apart weekly to clean it. One time I had apparently just forgot to tighten the bolts on the front wheel. I went down to the basketball court to meet up with some friends who set up a ramp. We were jumping each other laying down under the ramp.
My turn. I cruised down the hill towards it. I must have pulled up on the handlebars just before the ramp.
My wheel fell off. The forks hit the ramp and I tumbled over everyone below. Missed em all and landed on the b ball court. Slid on my chin for a lil bit. And my hands and elbows too. Road rash....lots of blood. Didn't cry though.
My mom....well...she fainted when I got home.
I looked like I had a goatee for a few weeks.....

You can see the steering wheel pin sticking out. Someone didn't do their job correctly.

I saw some amazing riding by new bike races. Both had handlebars come off right after launching. One was a gas bike and I think the risers broke. Rode it our holding on to the fork tube. The second was a nitromethane bike...similar thing happened...riser broke or the bolts stripped. Rode it on one wheel holding the fork tube down the track. Kinda like "ya gotta do what ya gotta do" to survive...

Rip, I feel you pain...was riding my bicycle down a hill with no hands near the house. Hit some gravel and down I went into a four-point landing...2 knees, 2 elbows. The cop who's house I crashed in front of drove my bloody self home. Mom was not happy...

Speaking of dangerous rides, there's a number of videos. Here's one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ6VgTY8Cds[/youtube]

Back