• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Who's ready for a little fishing?

Here's a couple of pics from the last trip in the fall. there are 3 remote canoe floats away from touristvilles that can be had for $20 a day and put you in some great water - all 45 minutes or less from home:
8675210055_d5e323271a.jpg

8676315014_a24d8842e8.jpg

I'm restocking my tackle box out of habit! :D

MikeD said:
My turkey season ended 45 minutes after it started so I'm now looking forward to some spring/summer fishing!!!

You guys can only bag one in the spring? :roll:

ripjack13 said:
MikeD said:
My turkey season ended 45 minutes after it started so I'm now looking forward to some spring/summer fishing!!!

You guys can only bag one in the spring? :roll:

Yes, one bearded bird in the spring. The fall is either sex and you can buy multiple tags til they meet the quotas for the unit (area) you hunt.

P5040071.jpg

P5040073.jpg

Decided on a little impromptu fishin' outing. Took a little drive out to one of the lakes that's stocked by our F&G Dep't. Now... hold your size comments... I know they're not the beasts I promised... but where there's little fish... there are big ones. I had to laugh at myself because in a month from now I should be bringing home some much larger Red Salmon... but for lake caught Rainbow's... they ain't to bad. Biggest one here was about 13". Good way to spend some man time alone... oh and these pic's were taken at 10pm local time!!! Gotta love Alaskan summers!

The wife says she want more... heading out now :D the big ones are hungry, I know it!

Last nights supper was some of our trout catch done in the smoker along with some corn on the cob. Man were they good. The meat came right off the back bone and ribs. My daughter gave me ribbing too. She said she wanted to eat the fish she caught. I asked how she'd know which was hers to which she replied "it the biggest one".

Had a pers day at work to burn before the end of the month so figured it was time to get a line in the water this year. Found a new sweet little spot along one of the rivers in my area and was pulling smallies like crazy in the morning. Nothing huge maybe 10" was the largest but lots of fun. They are so much more aggressive the the lake large mouth I'm used to fishing.

You guys that river fish, what lures do you use in real shallow water <18"? I was trying my spinners and was donating tons of em to the river bed. Jigs were yielding the best but also were snagging constantly. Finally I switched to a torpedo and was not catching as much but also not losing it constantly. I hardly ever river fish but had a helluva time so I'll be back there soon.

Damn, I think his expression was pretty dead on to what I would have done... " oh damn! Look, this really is me here on film with this..." That type of thing. LOL

Took out one of our MWR boats both Sat and Sun... great time with the family! There's a 45lbs Halibut in the cooler but the wife only snapped a picture of me holding the cod :D

I've taken the kayak out on the Colorado River 3 times twice in the evening and once alll day since its gotten warm. I've hooked like a 5 inch cat and accidentally foul hooked an itty bitty perch and thats about it.

I need to try good old fashioned worms methinks. Most fishing in my life has been saltwater so this river thing is a learning experience lol.

Gotta love the MWR boats.

I hit Bass Pro so hard recently that my wife raised more than an eyebrow. Lots of soft baits and fresh hooks AND I heard that Unique Powder was a good chum, right?!

mingaa said:
I hit Bass Pro so hard recently that my wife raised more than an eyebrow. Lots of soft baits and fresh hooks AND I heard that Unique Powder was a good chum, right?!

Lol, my wife was the opposite... she asked me when we can buy our own boat after going out this weekend :D

Man a boat would be sweet. Something small that can be towed by a lil ranger. I would love to get an old dingy. That would be perfect for the small lakes and ponds around here.....

Back