• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Who's ready for a little fishing?

She said she wanted to go fishing for her birthday... so we did :D Nice little Coho Salmon to add to the 50lbs of filets sitting in my freezer (we're not braggin' or anything ;) ) It was a good two hours of Papa and daughter time!

I'm about to head out for a canoe float down the Courtois river here in MO with my buddy Rick. It's a good smallmouth river with spotted bass too. We do remote spots on weekdays. Last time saw one other boat all day. Lunch is what you bring on the gravel bar.

Hopefully pics tomorrow!

carbinemike said:
Awesome AK! Get that little gal out there all you can.

Thanks Mike! Even though she's doesn't really like touching the bait :D ... at least she understands the concept of catch fish... kill fish... eat fish, something I'm sure not many 3 year olds in the U.S. comprehend nowadays!

That's awesome AK!!!

Nice bbqznbeer. Bass are starting to slow down here with the cooler weather and shorter days.

I have been meaning to post this story. I took my daughter to a local river for some dusk into night time catfishing. After dark I laid into a nice one. She was baiting her hook and was nearby when I hooked it. I fought it in and she got ready to snag it. About a foot from shore the line snapped. She pounced on it on all four's like a cat on a mouse. She was bouncing around blocking it and after a few seconds she came up with it. She was wet to her knees and elbows and very proud of herself. It was early October so it was pretty cool. She is addicted to fishing.

Edit - sometimes people drink and party in this area so the new Ruger SP-101 came open carried on the trip too.

Made it out onto the ice last weekend. Didn't catch much but the ice was definitely thick enough to hold us.

This is my buddy drilling a hole, much thicker and we would not have been able to drill through it without finding an extension for the auger.

I'm ready. The kids and I are already planning for the opening of trout in a few weeks.

Made it out onto the ice last weekend. Didn't catch much but the ice was definitely thick enough to hold us.

This is my buddy drilling a hole, much thicker and we would not have been able to drill through it without finding an extension for the auger.
You guys are certifiably nuts...I do need to get my boat out of storage this year...

Despite being officially spring, it was -04F according to our thermometer.

IceFishing_zps724940db.jpg

I think I was wearing every piece of winter gear I own LOL

IceHole_zpsa5e58afb.jpg

You can sort of make out the bottom. It was 26' + about 30" of ice. This particular lake is unbelievable clear even though my phone does not show it.

Perch_zpsc0cc14f0.jpg

34 Perch, best day we've had this year. No monsters but darn good eating nonetheless.

Last edited:
Mike, you're insane brother!

Nice take. I just renewed my license and am ready to get out...

I never could really get into ice fishing. No one around here to go with, and I don't trust the ice enough to be out there alone. But damn them's some nice Perch.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Back