• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Who's right? Pentagon or the WH?

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Seems there may be some differences of opinion in whether or not NK can put a nuke on missiles. DIA says the report was 'mistakenly declassified'. I find that rather hard to believe. :roll:

(CNN) -- The Pentagon's intelligence arm has assessed with "moderate confidence" that North Korea has the ability to deliver a nuclear weapon with a ballistic missile, though the reliability is believed to be "low."

Disclosed first by a congressman at a hearing on Thursday and then confirmed to CNN by the Defense Department, the assessment by the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) is the clearest acknowledgment yet by the United States about potential advances in North Korea's nuclear program.

The surprise development comes amid heightened tensions on the Korean Peninsula.

North Korea has unleashed a torrent of dramatic threats against the United States and South Korea in recent weeks, including that of a possible nuclear strike.

The Obama administration calculates a test launch of mobile ballistic missiles could come at any time. But a senior administration official said there is no indication that missiles believed being readied for tests have been armed with any nuclear material.

Pentagon spokesman George Little said later Thursday, "It would be inaccurate to suggest that the North Korean regime has fully tested, developed, or demonstrated the kinds of nuclear capabilities referenced in the passage" of the DIA study.

Rep. Doug Lamborn, R-Colorado, read from an unclassified version of the intelligence assessment at a House Armed Services Committee hearing.

"DIA assess with moderate confidence the North currently has nuclear weapons capable of delivery by ballistic missiles, however, the reliability will be low."

Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey, who was testifying before the House committee, appeared to be caught off guard when asked by Lamborn whether he agreed with the DIA assessment.

"Well, I haven't seen it," Dempsey replied. "And you said it's not publicly released, so I -- I choose not to comment on it."

It is was not clear whether other U.S. intelligence agencies, such as the CIA, agree with the defense analysis.

The U.S. intelligence about North Korea revealed Thursday was "mistakenly" marked as declassified, according to an administration and a defense source.

But a House Armed Services Committee aide said staffers checked with the DIA to confirm the declassification was made before Lamborn read the passage.

"We checked to make sure it was not something that was mistakenly declassified," the aide told CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/11/world/asi ... index.html

What they need to consider is that the first "test" of a ballistic nuclear warhead may be done at the expense of our allies and military troops...

But that didn't answer your question...the WH will do whatever or release whatever they need to keep their spin going. Can't let the POTUS look like he doesn't know what is going on under his watch, can they?

The stupid part is that it doesn’t matter who is right, if it is a possibility then the government should plan accordingly and act instead of react.
I think they should always plan worse case, deal with what you get and hope for the best….if a rocket launches the military should be allowed and instructed to shoot it before it clears the rack.
If they act unfavorably to that Feds should unleash the full fury of the US Armed Forces on them and let them do it quickly and decisively with as little politics involved as possible…..and then capture that pouty face little bitch pull his pants down and paddle his ass blue.

oli700 said:
The stupid part is that it doesn’t matter who is right, if it is a possibility then the government should plan accordingly and act instead of react.
I think they should always plan worse case, deal with what you get and hope for the best….if a rocket launches the military should be allowed and instructed to shoot it before it clears the rack.
If they act unfavorably to that Feds should unleash the full fury of the US Armed Forces on them and let them do it quickly and decisively with as little politics involved as possible…..and then capture that pouty face little bitch pull his pants down and paddle his ass blue.

The crystal ball gazers seem to think that we'll find out on the 15th (Korea time), which will be late this Sunday here.

I saw something saying they do dirty deeds on peoples birthdays...so do we

Back