• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Will a Mossberg 500C stock fit a SA - 20 ?

Bobm394

Copper BB
I need to replace the stock on my SA 20 because it got cracked when trunk lid was closed on it. After repeated attempts to contact Mossberg Customer Service I was told I would have to send the gun in for repair since they have no part numbers for the SA 20. I find it very difficult to believe that a major firearms company would sell a gun that they cannot support with parts.

So, does anyone know if Mossberg 500C (20ga) will fit the SA20. They appear to attach the same from looking at the parts list.

I need to replace the stock on my SA 20 because it got cracked when trunk lid was closed on it. After repeated attempts to contact Mossberg Customer Service I was told I would have to send the gun in for repair since they have no part numbers for the SA 20. I find it very difficult to believe that a major firearms company would sell a gun that they cannot support with parts.

So, does anyone know if Mossberg 500C (20ga) will fit the SA20. They appear to attach the same from looking at the parts list.
I have no hands on experience with the SA20 but if it is set up the same as the 930 with bolt recoil buffer in the stock I do not think the stocks will interchange.

No, the stocks will not interchange.

The SA-20 models are imported from a company in Turkey and sold by Mossberg, so they have no parts in common with other Mossberg shotguns. They do not regularly import spare parts for these models, so that's why there are no part numbers. They will likely have to special order the replacement stock from the manufacturer overseas...

No, the stocks will not interchange.

The SA-20 models are imported from a company in Turkey and sold by Mossberg, so they have no parts in common with other Mossberg shotguns. They do not regularly import spare parts for these models, so that's why there are no part numbers. They will likely have to special order the replacement stock from the manufacturer overseas...

So then does that mean that Mossberg cannot support the shotgun they sell under their name or is there another way to get the part?

Not at all.

All that means is that it's a bit more complicated than just sending you a new stock. They'll make it right one way or another. We have a contact at Mossberg that should be able to help...

Joseph Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Mr. Zakher should be able help expedite your solution...

Thank you for your help & information. I am going to contact him today.

Tell 'em the folks over at MO said it is about time they start stocking SA-20 parts! :mad: ;) I'm just kidding although you can certainly relay your concerns to Joe. I think the Weatherby SA-459 is VERY similar...

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

Weatherby SA-08 stocks will fit the SA-20, just changed one out Numrich gun parts online have them

I checked Numrich Arms. They are out of stock and no reply from Mr. Zakher yet. I think I'll wait until after the holidays and then see if I can get any answers. The problem I'm having seems to be common among SA - 20 owners. There are very few parts available.

I ended up getting a stock & forearm from Numrich Gun Parts as suggested by MPrabbithunter. I got the Weatherby SA-08 synthetic Advantage Timber one. The black ones were out of stock. It fitted great, just a little bit of clean up. I want to thank everyone for their help. never did get an answer from Mossberg.

Back