• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wood Furniture - Black Aces vs. Ebay Thai Wood (Burma Padauk, Walnut)

It says Remington on the box - but these are new production by 'Remarms'

Receiver says Remington 870 - fit and finish are pretty excellent and the top bluing finish is much improved - I remember when the Tac14's and the last decade of Express'es were shipped with that chalky bluing which would rust if you just left it out of a box - this is a richer deeper matte blue - I am very impressed with the 'new' 870 and I think finally someone has stepped up to caring about the finished product in the 'cheaper' lines - I can imagine a Wingmaster will be even better looking when released. This was $388 plus tax at my local shop here in central NC.

I think Remington's dark days were post Cerberus buyout, late 90's? I believe, up until the bankruptcy last year - yours is a great one -

Last edited:
Cerberus starting buying companies around 2006 or 2008 thereabouts. Then their investors just milked them until they were bankrupt.

And the last 15 years of Remington showed - I am very happy with this example - I hope that they start bringing back the Police and Marine Magnums again! Always wanted a nickel plated 12ga

Back