• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wooden stocks 20ga vs 12ga

Pete Volkmar

Copper BB
I have a leftover stock from replacing them with Magpul furniture. Is the 20ga wooden stock the same as 12ga? I know the forend is different but how much different is the stock? I am buying a new 20ga Shockwave and I'm going to get a tax stamp and apply a wooden stock to it for an SBS. I was wondering beforehand if I was just a swap or do I have to machine it to fit? Once I get permission, I will have a bad bitch for CQB in my home .

Awesome. I look forward to seeing this project when it's complete.

The 20 gauge stock is a little more narrow, but you can bolt up a 20 gauge stock on a 12 gauge receiver (or vice versa) if you don't mind the receiver being a little proud.

20 stock on 12 receiver, the stock will be a little narrow.

A 12 stock on a 20 receiver, the stock will be a little wider than the receiver.

Either way they will work, it's just whether you can live with the minor ledge on one part or the other.

The 20 gauge stock is a little more narrow, but you can bolt up a 20 gauge stock on a 12 gauge receiver (or vice versa) if you don't mind the receiver being a little proud.

A 12 stock on a 20 receiver, the stock will be a little wider than the receiver.

Either way they will work, it's just whether you can live with the minor ledge on one part or the other.

Silly question..but is is this an issue on 12 to 12? or do they fit pretty flush?

Either way, they will work, it's just whether you can live with the minor ledge on one part or the other.

Thanks for the input. I am seeing my FFL today. I guess I will find out soon if I need sandpaper or not. Either way, as soon as I get a stamp I can assemble this thing. It sounds preposterous typing it out as well. It's frigging bolt for Pete sakes. This is my inspiration photo

Attachments

• 0963773a88bbf9f4be15cf0ad39c7827.jpg
    0963773a88bbf9f4be15cf0ad39c7827.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 14
Silly question..but is is this an issue on 12 to 12? or do they fit pretty flush?

No, 12 stocks fit 12 receivers and 20 stocks fit 20 receivers about flush.

I never grow tired of looking at SBS photographs.

Back