• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

World's Greatest Father-in-Law

tcecil88

.30-06
Elite Member
I have the World's Greatest Father-in-Law, hands down.
My in-laws are moving to Florida, so my Father-in-Law comes up today to borrow my little trailer.
He hands me 3 tap and die sets, a Hoppes cleaning kit, a Crosman CO2 BB pistol with cartidges and BBs, a Sterling Model 25 .25 ACP pistol (with 75 rounds) he won in a raffle at Ford Motor Company (ahh, the good old days), and a Mossberg Model 353 .22LR rifle with 100 rounds!
The BB pistol is still in the original box, The Sterling 25 is stainless steel with some light stains that should clean up. The Mossberg rifle has some light pitting on the barrel and the bolt hold open feature is frozen. The wood is in great shape.
I am in the process of cleaning it up now. I am going to check about getting it reblued with a buddy of mine and hopefully restore it to new condition. It has not been fire much at all.
Pics will follow at some point.

Dude that's great, I wish I had someone to pass down family heirlooms like that! Pictures.... ;)

nice !

aksavanaman said:
Dude that's great, I wish I had someone to pass down family heirlooms like that! Pictures.... ;)

your going to fill that roll for your future large family....."when your great great grandpa was in the Coast Guard he built this AR 15.....that was back when Alaska was part of the Old United States"

That is great. I'd love to see some pics sometime.

As for gun raffles at work, when I worked for Charter cable about 10 years ago, I won a regional competition and wound up taking home a brand spanking new Remington 7400 in 30-06 and on top of that, got another $900 in commissions that payday to boot. :lol:

I'm not bragging, but I smoked everyone else. :cool:

I really wanted that gun.

oli700 said:
your going to fill that roll for your future large family....."when your great great grandpa was in the Coast Guard he built this AR 15.....that was back when Alaska was part of the Old United States"

It's funny you mention that... Many of the guns on my "to buy list" I chose for the specific reason to last long enough to pass down to my kids.... And I sure hope the "New" United States will be a better one!

,,,,very nice.congrats on your new firearms.,,,,,,pics,,,, :D

aksavanaman said:
And I sure hope the "New" United States will be a better one!

I'm partial to the old United States myself.

But I know what you meant.

John A. said:
aksavanaman said:
And I sure hope the "New" United States will be a better one!

I'm partial to the old United States myself.

But I know what you meant.

We'll just say we're currently in the red-headed step child years :lol:

Back