• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

World's Most Expensive 1911

For that kind of money, I'd be pissed about it if it didn't run right too.

Guns are tools and I use them for utility. I only have a few family guns that do not get regular use, but they still get used for certain hunting trips, etc.

I just could not resist the 1911 dig.

Ironically I had a cheap Norinko 1911 clone, actually my first handgun, that ran flawlessly for the short time I had it. Several friends a paid whole lot more for custom Kimbers and Colts that could not empty a single mag without a jam. Nice gun but they just require a lot more dedication and care to keep running clean. As iconic as it is, I would still take my Glock or Sig when the SHTF.

My guess is that the owner will never fire such a rare collector item.

You're probably right.

But I wouldn't have a gun that I didn't shoot. Just goes against everything in me.

The only exception was the Stevens 12 gauge that my wife inherited. I don't think it was ever shot, but it has been handed down twice so I'm not going to be the one to shoot it first.

Guns are tools and I use them for utility. I only have a few family guns that do not get regular use, but they still get used for certain hunting trips, etc.

I just could not resist the 1911 dig.

Ironically I had a cheap Norinko 1911 clone, actually my first handgun, that ran flawlessly for the short time I had it. Several friends a paid whole lot more for custom Kimbers and Colts that could not empty a single mag without a jam. Nice gun but they just require a lot more dedication and care to keep running clean. As iconic as it is, I would still take my Glock or Sig when the SHTF.

I think we all talk “stuff” about guns.
I am a true follower of “Saint John Moses”... BUT ... my 1911 stays home most of the time.

I shoot a Glock 17 for competition, and my EDC for last 20 years is my Ruger P90 & recently added my LCP.
(yeah two guns)
Just cannot beat reliability and durability of that big hunk of Ruger 45.

Wow, someone else that carries a ruger p90 !?!

Don't misinterpret what I said. I'm a huge fan of the old rugers. Folks can say what they want, but the P85 Mk2 that I owned for 25 years, never once choked or failed to fire when I pulled the trigger. I kept it in the glove box of my work truck for the whole 17 years that I worked as a lineman. Me and that gun drove for well more than a quarter million miles together. No joke.

True, they're large and heavy. Have the ergonomics of a short 2x4. But I don't know anyone that would call them unreliable. They're like the AK47's of the handgun world.

When my oldest son got married and started a family of his own, he asked me what kind of pistol should he get for HD ?

I walked into my den and then returned and handed him my old p85 and said "this one right here".

I miss seeing that old gun sometimes. But no greater honor was it to hand it off to him to let it continue protecting the things that are most dear to me. I know it was up to the task.

I had the 45 version, the P90 I think. That gun was heavy as a boat ancher but it was accurate and a workhorse of a gun. Very reliable.

Back