• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Worth having extra Mossy 500 parts on hand?

Another 500, so that in fifty years from now when your current one dies cause an elephant stepped on it or a tank drove over it... you can replace it :lol: (<real comedian huh?)

Maybe keep a set of a cartridge stop and interrupter in case one gets bent... Front bead as they do go flying off some times... Magazine spring? I'm not sure much really breaks on 500's due to wear...

The only part I've ever had to replace was the small bead under the safety on a friends gun, which was probably older than I am.

Hopefully LTB45 will chime in, he probably has more rounds through a 500 than anyone else here.

MikeD said:
The only part I've ever had to replace was the small bead under the safety on a friends gun, which was probably older than I am.

Hopefully LTB45 will chime in, he probably has more rounds through a 500 than anyone else here.

I plan on shooting trap, skeet, sporting clays with my Mossy 500 so parts will get a workout. Just was not sure if a few Mossy 500 parts will tend to wear faster.

How many rounds has this LTB45 shot using a Mossy 500?

Back