• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Would you do it again??

jjdiv

Copper BB
With all the quality issues, if you could roll back the clock, would you still buy a 930 or something different? What would you buy instead?

I think most of the issues are related to the 930SPX as I have shot my 930 autoloader for nearly a year now without a hiccup. I will be doing a comparison of many of the top autoloaders on the market in the near future and I have no doubt that you simply can not beat the 930 for the price.

Why do you think the 930 SPX is different? I agree that the 930 SPX seems to have the most trouble, but I wonder why?

I think most of it has to do with the extended magazine and the sights. Besides that you don't see to many issues with the 930SPX.

DHonovich said:
I think most of it has to do with the extended magazine and the sights. Besides that you don't see to many issues with the 930SPX.
Which 930 do you recommend? And just add a Nordic extended tube?

I think any of the models would do the trick but I like the 930 18.5 + 28" combo. My nordic components magazine tubes have been flawless for nearly a year so I would highly recommend those. Again the 930 SPX is great and even if you have some issues they are generally fixable.

I'd definitely buy it again. I've had no QC issues with mine. Although if I were to do it again I would buy the turkey model. The 28" barrel on the waterfowl model I bought is a bit long for the thick bushy areas I usually hunt.

Yes, in a heart beat. I’ve had a few issues that were all correctable without the gun being sent to Mossberg, and they did not effect the reliability of the gun. After putting an estimated 300 assorted loads through my 930 SPX I’ve only had four malfunctions and now that I look back on it I have to contribute them to me getting used to the gun. I paid $660.00 out the door from Dick’s which is about half of what you would pay for other well known brands like a Benelli M2. I have full confidence in my 930 SPX.

I'm pleased with mine and have about 75 or so rounds throughout it. All different types of shells with no problems.

Back