• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wrong history in Florida middleschool civics class

This paper is full of fail.

At every level.

I mean, what the heck does an anti-gun group being mentioned does that have to do with a civics class?

It sure doesn't have any legal bearing on the Constitution.

It's happening, and has been for a while

" What do you find wrong with this middle school civics class paper ? "

Everything....!!

My daughter got a couple of papers like this as homework in school here in FL. I contacted the school and had her exempted from those lessons.

I'd walk into the school and challenge the teacher to a debate either in class or publically at the school over this lesson. If he/she declined I'd contact the board, excluded my child from that lesson plan, and contact local media/youtube to blast the school.

I'd use social media to the fullest extent.

My kids are instructed to inform me of any propaganda such as that. They are aware of the "correct" (my) political views and why and that there may be people (teachers) that will try to give them misinformation. I've explained the Second (and other) Amendments to them and why they were written. I don't have any problem going to the principal over ANY issues. Fortunately, there have not been any issues to note and I know I'm not the only parent being vigilant against communist ;) doctrine in our schools.

My kids are instructed to inform me of any propaganda such as that. They are aware of the "correct" (my) political views and why and that there may be people (teachers) that will try to give them misinformation. I've explained the Second (and other) Amendments to them and why they were written. I don't have any problem going to the principal over ANY issues. Fortunately, there have not been any issues to note and I know I'm not the only parent being vigilant against communist ;) doctrine in our schools.
Same here Bobster. Two years ago I had to talk with a teacher about a textbook with an incorrect 2A definition. She said she teaches it as an individual right (along the lines of scotus rulings). To add to what you wrote, my kids don't see any doctor/nurse without me or my wife present. It's a shame you can't trust anything anymore.

Part of the Common Core that is being used to change the mindset of the next generations. Teach them false info, teach them not to question what they are taught, teach them that their parents and other adult figures who disagree are THE problem. Mass mind manipulation, aka brain washing. It must be stopped and those that push it must be exposed. Maybe we need to use a technique that works for others...find out everything about those that espouse this shit and post it all over social media.

Back