• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

XS Big Dot Tritium vs Meprolight Tru-Dot

your not seeing what my problem was.
It doesn't mater how much you shave off of the stud, the threads still end the same where they terminate at the sight body. So if your sight doesn't index properly and the sight is crooked when tight you have to address the sight end of the stud not the end that sticks out in the bore....hence a spacer of some sort

I've seen the small rubber o-rings used with the majority of Meprolight beads installed on Mossberg barrels...

I've seen the small rubber o-rings used with the majority of Meprolight beads installed on Mossberg barrels...
mine doesn't bother me, height didn't hurt me in accuracy and because it artificially shortend the stud I dint have to take off any excess stud that might have protruded into the bore.

Now I get what you're saying @oli700 . Well, we'll see what mine looks like when it comes in. And thanks for posting a photo of your sight. Doesn't look too bad at all...

Back