• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Your Favorite Deer Gun

223fan

.22LR

T/C Encore in 30-06. I use a 130gr. Hollow point over a medium charge of h4895. I've been fortunate enough to take 2 deer with it and hopefully #3 will be this November.

My dads Savage Model 99 in 300 Savage. Perfect little deer gun in a light recoiling round.

Yea Mike D we went over the 300 savage last year, this is mine I think this is the coolest gun, smooth, accurate and classic! And Im taking it out this weekend in NY, and cant wait!!
13312d1391438728-savage-99-scope-base-savage-99.jpg

Yea Mike D we went over the 300 savage last year, this is mine I think this is the coolest gun, smooth, accurate and classic! And Im taking it out this weekend in NY, and cant wait!!
View attachment 6858

Yup, and I still love that pic!!

Thanks Mike and Good luck this season! I took two fat does during archery and as I said, this weekend opens firearm in NY and more importantly than taking a deer I cant wait to get upstate with my uncles and cousins and have a great family time with them!
Good Luck to Everyone!!

Thanks Mike and Good luck this season! I took two fat does during archery and as I said, this weekend opens firearm in NY and more importantly than taking a deer I cant wait to get upstate with my uncles and cousins and have a great family time with them!
Good Luck to Everyone!!

I've been hunting with the xbow since Oct 1 and I'm just not seeing many deer this year. It only takes 1 so I'm not giving up and I still have til Jan 1. Good luck!!

Thanks Mike and Good luck to you this season! I took 2 doe with archery and as I said firearm opens this weekend in NY, so more importantly than taking a deer I cant wait to spend time in the mountains with my Uncles and cousins!
Good Luck To Everyone Out There!!

Am I bad that I don't have a favorite gun for deer hunting?

I usually stick my head in the safe and look around and grab the one I'm in the mood to carry that day.

I do the same John. Just because i have a favorite does not mean we're exclusive. In fact the 99 is at my dads and I am still not sure what gun, if I even use a gun, I will go with during the firearm season.

I may just keep using my bow....

Indiana's Shot Gun opens Sat, Im taking my Mossberg 500 20ga youth model. Its light and easy to carry plus its easier on the shoulder than the ole 12 ga, so it's kinda become my favorite.
Good Luck!

I'm going to carry my trusty old Stevens 30-30. It'll drop sub 1" groups at 100 yds, and it's more than enough to crumple up a mulie or whitetail.

p278287587-4.jpg

My deer gun of choice is my POF 308 AR10. I like using the AR platform as I am very comfortable shooting with it and I can adjust it to whatever hunt I am going on.

Back