• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Your State's Turkey Limit.

Crappiepro

.270 WIN
Whats your states Spring Turkey limit?
Here in Indiana we're only allowed 1 bearded bird in the spring and 1 of either sex in the fall.
We still have to buy a fall tag even if don't fill the spring tag, I guess they need the money LOL!
It seems like our state could support a 2 bird spring season in most counties though.
My buddies and I are wanting to take a trip and go turkey huntin and extend our season somewhere close to Indiana.

MI is the same.

One tag for spring, bearded turkey only. Applications in Jan, leftover licenses are sold OTC. There is one season that is a guaranteed tag but it is the last season. I hunt private so I never have a problem getting my tag OTC, I don't apply for the drawing any more.

One tag for fall, either sex.

Here in Jersey its 1 tom in the spring and 1 of either sex in the fall. Ive never seen one but here in Jersey you cant take a bearded hen, but I can take one when I go upstate new York, and the reg for new york is 2 fat birds.

We have 8 congressional districts.........
Oh wait you meant wild birds I'm not certain never drawn a spring permit.

Kentucky is a 2 bird state, I have hunted there. Lots of turkeys. SW Ohio has lots of birds too.
I have hunted Alabama around Huntsville. 2 birds there but kind of pricey @ over $300. 7 hour drive down 65 from the Indy area. Depending on the WMA, you can start hunting there in early to mid March and runs till we open here in Indiana.
I hunted New York state and it is very reasonable. Go in the Fall and you can get 4 tags, 2 fall tags and 2 for the following spring. Last I checked Non-Resident price was under $100. Downside to that is a long drive, but the season goes from May 1 - 30.
I can be in Pennsylvania in 5 hours from my house in SE Indiana. 4 hours to West Virginia. I am going to check into those states over the summer.

Last edited:
Back