• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wolfe spring & GGG Follower

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
Looking into the Wolfe spring but I don't see one available for the 930. Is there one available for the extended mag (7 rounds)

Also what has been your experience with the GGG follower. I've read mixed results. Seems the stock follower is tough to get the first round in. This seems to be a common issue as I was reading up on this issue.

Thanks in advance!

65165 for 5 shot and 65167 for extended magazine.... am I reading that correct?

No,
65165 will come 40" long, more than enough. My SPX spring is trimmed to 28" inches. Remember, these are about 20% stronger than the silly Mossberg springs.
65167 comes 45" and is their extended spring. They both have the same strength. I believe you will be quite happy with the upgrade.
Cheers...

Ahhh stinks. I actually just ordered it last night. I'll post my review if a dud back it will go to GGG

You may wish to try the Wilson's follower for a Remington 870. It should work perfectly. Of the 3 different manufactures I have tried for my SPX I prefer it by far.
Best...

SeaScout said:
No,
65165 will come 40" long, more than enough. My SPX spring is trimmed to 28" inches. Remember, these are about 20% stronger than the silly Mossberg springs.
65167 comes 45" and is their extended spring. They both have the same strength. I believe you will be quite happy with the upgrade.
Cheers...

Do you know if it comes longer? It would be nice to have enough to make a spare spring with.

tcecil88 said:
SeaScout said:
No,
Cheers...

Do you know if it comes longer? It would be nice to have enough to make a spare spring with.
45" is their longest spring. Just order two as they are very reasonably priced.
Best

SeaScout said:
You may wish to try the Wilson's follower for a Remington 870. It should work perfectly. Of the 3 different manufactures I have tried for my SPX I prefer it by far.
Best...
Can you post a pic of it ???

RippSpeed said:
SeaScout said:
Best...
Can you post a pic of it ???
No, sorry. I will have to direct you to their web site.
Best...

Got the Wolff Spring in and the GGG Follower also came in today. Will cut the spring tomorrow and play around. Real quick I placed the GGG Follower in and used the original spring and the Choate mag extension. Looks like the follower gets jammed up when it meets the mag extension.

Only can fit 5 shells in the tube. That's pretty retarded. Like I said it was quick but I will mess around more tomorrow. If that's the case I will see if this follower will fit in my 590A1 as I only have the standard 5 shot. If not GGG is getting a call and this thing is getting returned.

Update... the GGG follower keeps getting jammed in the Choate magazine extension. Kinda retarded if you put out a product make sure it actually works in the intended device.

But anyway I just put the follower in my 590A1 which fit fine. So it wasn't a total loss.

Cut the Wolff Spring down to 29" and everything is a ok for the 930. Manually cycled a few sets of rounds just fine.

Back