• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Anyone feel like getting a pic of the receiver where the stock mounts? Well, a pic without the stock, just the end plate of the receiver.

I get alot of questions about what stocks are available for the 930. I've made some calls, and the only things available are factory and Chaote pistol grip stocks. So the receiver its self is different, and I'm thinkin if we can get some pics up of the differences, it may help in the explanation. I'm interested anyway, to see just what the differences are! :)

Re: 930 stocks

I believe I was told the stock held part of the gas system I just found that out.

I really don't wanna get into the removal at the moment but the way I see it with all my guns, they where built, they can be disassembled..

Searching for guides on removal proved fruitless and aftermarket stocks aren't very abundant from my googling. Like you said, factory or choate is all I could come up with..

A bit more time and some research for comfort and I can get some pics. M24shooter will be able to help here I bet..

Here ya go, Brad. Nothing like I expected.. It's like a 1/2" iron pipe extending out the back..

And back together sitting with her friends!! :mrgreen:

Dave! Thanks man! This helps me out, and I'm sure it will help others to understand too, just why therent arent a ton of options out there! Its a totally different platform.

Nice work Dave, I appreciate it!

Word on the street is there may be some other options comin available!

No problem, Brad. Glad I could help. God I love the feel of that shotty, she is a beauty!!!

Unfortunately I don't have access to land I can use for shooting and rely on ranges. I applied to a club very close to me but seeing I haven't got my pistol permit, yet, they want a State Police background check. The form said the fee was $25. I filled it out sent it with a $25 check and returned a couple weeks later saying the fee was raised to $50!!! I haven't even sent it back yet, I'm disgusted. I did find a new range, 10 miles from where I grew up and my parents still live so I'm gonna be heading there very soon. It's indoor and any rifle upto a .50 cal but FMJ bullets only..

I'm very fortunate to be able to shoot on a friends property on the edge of town, literally 2 minutes away. The back stop is elevated about 8 to 10 feet high for the RR tracks and sits about 200 yards back from where we fire. Additionally the entire way is packed full of trees, and my daughter has trecked back a bit after shooting, looking for trees I've hit with slugs. She looks for fragmented bark, and has even recovered a couple slugs!

Another topic I suppose... and your efforts to help me out is very appreciated, Dave!!!

Mossberg 930 SPX Cheek Weld HELP

So I'm setting up my 930 SPX as ergonomically fiendly and comfortable as possible, and I get a decent mid-cheek to lower CHIN weld that needs to be improved, I REALLY need the factory Mossberg black monte carlo stock as it seems it would put my cheek RIGHT where it should be for a tight cheek weld with the LPA sights and any optics, does ANYONE know if you can get these from OFM? (I'm used to a bead and WELDING my cheek to the stock, but I'm lookin THRU the pic rail doing that on the SPX)I believe my shooting and cheek weld would really be IDEAL with the 'monte carlo' stock that I think they put it on the 930 'slugster' w/cantilever mount for scope/red dot. (I've raised it already to +.375, or the highest you can make the stock w/factory shims) Anyone know where these stocks can be had? Or, if it isnt possible to aqcuire one of these stock's, and I'm already going with a 3-point Spector Gear SOP sling and it attaches to the buttstock with the 'wraparound the buttstock w/sling attachment on left side(Benelli location)' attachment method, if anyone knows of a black slip-on, lace on, or any other 'cheek riser' that could help me out and be compatibile with the wraparound attachment of the sling? Or if there is an 'all in one' cheek riser, buttstock sling adapter/side sling swivel (Benelli location)? Maybe even some shotgun loops too?lol. The 12 ga loops would be 'cool' but arent important(and make it non ambi), the CHEEK RISER I NEED!!, and sling attachment or at least compatibility with a wraparound stock attachment is needed too. I REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP! This is the ONE THING holding me back from a PERFECT SETUP! Anyone else's setup similar or familiar w/where to get high comb 'slugster' monte carlo stock, or if not a cheek riser w/sling attachment...... HELP ME!!! lol
Thanks guys,
Stephen

Re: Mossberg 930 SPX Cheek Weld HELP

I'm pretty sure you get that stock from OFM. There are few options, and none off the top of my head I can think of.

Though I have in the past made stock cuffs with a cheek riser. I dont know that its cost effective, nor can I say it will work with the sling set up youre getting. If I made one with out shell loops, it may work with that sling.

I think there are some sort of cushy stick on cheek risers too!

I found a nice one at Midway, which works very well for my 930 with micro red dot sight.

I am working on coming up with a good comb for the Mossberg 930 as well. I will let you know what I end up using when I do.

Rossignol said:
I'm pretty sure you get that stock from OFM. There are few options, and none off the top of my head I can think of.

Though I have in the past made stock cuffs with a cheek riser. I dont know that its cost effective, nor can I say it will work with the sling set up youre getting. If I made one with out shell loops, it may work with that sling.

I think there are some sort of cushy stick on cheek risers too!

Talked to Mossberg yesterday and the guy I spoke w/said they wont sell it by itself,i.e. buy another 930, a 'slugster', if you want that stock! Is this for real, or should I have asked to speak w/a supervisor??
Stephen

Wow! Thats something I'll have to look into...

Rossignol said:
Wow! Thats something I'll have to look into...

Thanks man, if ya find out anything out on the 'Monte Carlo' stock, do let us know!
Stephen

I heard from my "go to girl" on the stock. She says the synthetic monte carlo is in stock and available. Waiting to hear more about who to contact to order.

Stephen, I need to have you get in touch with her. She is in the call center in Texas. As soon as I know the # that goes to that CS center, I'll get it to you and let you know who to ask for. She said in doing so you'll be able to order that monte carlo stock.

Also, she'd like to know who you spoke with before and if you dont have a name, at least whether it was male or female.

Rossignol said:
Stephen, I need to have you get in touch with her. She is in the call center in Texas. As soon as I know the # that goes to that CS center, I'll get it to you and let you know who to ask for. She said in doing so you'll be able to order that monte carlo stock.

Also, she'd like to know who you spoke with before and if you dont have a name, at least whether it was male or female.
Thanks man, uhh, the original guy I spoke with is... Dave (originally just for the mag spring, was still 36", but I got it trimmed and am getting my PROPER 7+1, so IM HAPPY!) at ext 540 on their C.S. line, it ended up being a guy named Javier Contraras(spelling might be off) who finally got me my mag tube spring with some urgency(and Ive seen his name in regards to taking care of folks, so he's a thumbs up in my book!) But, I BELIEVE it was Dave at ext. 540, who had said they dont sell them directly. I can dig in my phone book to make sure this all went to the... Yea, same 800-363-3555 C.S. number I used for the magspring issue and used for the stock question. Pretty sure it's the 'Maverick' repair center here in TX(thats what my box said with the new spring in it). If there is any other info ya' need or would like please dont hesitate, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!! Just seems the 'monte carlo' stock would solve a lot of folks 'sight picture/cheek weld' problems :D !
Stephen

Cool! If you want it, I'll get you her info! The # is the same to CS in TX, she is at the Maverick repair center!

Rossignol said:
Cool! If you want it, I'll get you her info! The # is the same to CS in TX, she is at the Maverick repair center!

Yeah, definitely need to talk w/her, how much would you suppose it costs? Been experimenting, putting foam under elastic shell holder, it works allright, but I think, given the high sight plane being used w/the (EXCELLENT) LPA sights, with a stock designed for a bead setup originally is just too low . When I shoulder it comfortably and with a cheek weld, even w/.375 stock riser I'm looking through the middle of the rail/the 'slot'! I think, and anyone with opinions chime in, that the 'monte carlo' stock would be great w/the higher sight plane, but do you think it could be a HINDRANCE at all? Any advice is welcome, and if you wanna post, or if you can send me a pm thru here with her info, I'm gonna DEFINITELY check it out as an option, as it would simplify A LOT, even running Aimpoint, Eotech, etc, think reg stock is too low and the 'monte' MIGHT work? Then I can just mount 'Specter Gear' or 'Gear Sector' sling on 'monte stock', Aimpro rail w/light(prob TLR-1S), sling mount and handstops and I'm good!! Thanks man,
Stephen

Sent a PM with a little info.

Back