• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

This is the big plan for my 500A :idea: I've been looking at differnt styles of stocks and my favorite one is the foldable wire stock. Next is the muzzle supressor like the Mossberg Roadblocker. I should have her fixed up before Xmass :cool: I will be posting pics when I get the parts.

Anyone using a muzzle break on their mossberg 500? If so which one and how do you like it. That is my next purchase for mine but still not sure which one to go with.

Mossberg 500 Road Blocker accessory breakdown.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypikRC7Idl8&feature=related[/youtube]

Anyone have the ATI folding stock for the mossberg 500?

I have the ATI collapsible 6 six position buttstock with pistol grip on my Mossberg 500 and absolutely love it. Great quality, great finish and great value for the price. It is very easy to use and nice to be able to adjust the length of the stock for different situations. I would have no doubts in my mind that this stock would last as long as my mossberg 500 will! I am however looking into buying a top folding ATI stock due to personal preference but I will have a hard time parting with this stock setup.

The ATI top folding stock for my mossberg 500 has been ordered and I will do a review of it once it arrives.

ATI 6 Position Collapsable Stock
p508107657-3.jpg

p593653989-3.jpg

p945895651-3.jpg

When looking for a shotgun stock there are many factors to consider. Personally, I was looking for a stock for my Mossberg 500 (home defense and/or tactical purposes). My ideal stock would be one that allowed for the Mossberg to be short enough to be easily maneuvered in an urban setting while having still having a a stock that is functional when needed. I had previously owned ATI products before so I decided to try out their two options that fit my needs; ATI top folding stock and ATI 6 position collapsable stock. I want to mention that there are several other companies that I could have gone with such as Knoxx.

The ATI units are packaged in a clear bag which helps shoppers get a better idea of what they are buying while at the store. This didn't matter to me much since I bought the ATI stock online. Once I opened the bag there was another bag that contained the smaller hardware as well as guide for the product. My first impressions are that the ATI unit is very well made quality product. If they weren't I doubt that Mossberg would use them for their factory built tactical firearms.

The installation was a breeze and was completed in only a few minutes. The instructions were thorough enough to clearly explain how to install the product but not complicated enough where they are hard to follow. The only tools needed are a philips head screwdriver and an allen key. One nice addition to this kit is that it comes with two extra base plates to allow you to install this item on a Remington or Winchester shotgun.

When it comes to using the stock I don't have a single complaint about the item. It easily collapses and extends with the touch of a button. This stock does a really nice job with recoil but could certainly improve in this area when compared to other available units for the Mossberg. I think this is a great tactical stock but if you are looking for the most reliable stock this may not be the one for you. I would not be confident that this stock would hold up when doing a mortar drill with it.

ATI Top Folding Stock
p28075301-3.jpg

p506721009-3.jpg

p745084417-3.jpg

p556067055-3.jpg

p654777918-3.jpg

When looking for a shotgun stock there are many factors to consider. Personally, I was looking for a stock for my Mossberg 500 (home defense and/or tactical purposes). My ideal stock would be one that allowed for the Mossberg to be short enough to be easily maneuvered in an urban setting while having still having a a stock that is functional when needed. I had previously owned ATI products before so I decided to try out their two options that fit my needs; ATI top folding stock and ATI 6 position collapsable stock. I want to mention that there are several other companies that I could have gone with such as Knoxx.

The ATI units are packaged in a clear bag which helps shoppers get a better idea of what they are buying while at the store. This didn't matter to me much since I bought the ATI stock online. Once I opened the bag there was another bag that contained the smaller hardware as well as guide for the product. My first impressions are that the ATI unit is very well made quality product. If they weren't I doubt that Mossberg would use them for their factory built tactical firearms.

The installation was a breeze and was completed in only a few minutes. The instructions were thorough enough to clearly explain how to install the product but not complicated enough where they are hard to follow. The only tools needed are a philips head screwdriver and an allen key. One nice addition to this kit is that it comes with two extra base plates to allow you to install this item on a Remington or Winchester shotgun.

When it comes to using the stock I don't have a single complaint about the item. It easily folds up onto the shotgun and with a push of a button folds down to become a fully functional stock. It may not be the most comfortable stock in the world but for its purpose as a home defense and/or tactical stock it is great. One thing I should note is that if you are looking for the most reliable stock this may not be the one for you as I would not be confident that this stock would hold up when doing a mortar drill with it.

Laserlyte Shotgun Tri-Rail Mounting System
p687870204-3.jpg

p990340715-3.jpg

When looking for a picitinny rail mount for a Mossberg 500 with an 18.5 barrel and heat shield you will find that there are not a lot of options available. In my search I came across the laserlyte shotgun tri-rail mounting system for the Mossberg 500. What is nice about this piece is that it uses the same holes that mount the heat shield to also mount the picitanny rail mount. This allows you to keep your heat shield while adding a picitinny rail mount which is exactly what I was looking for. The picitinny rail mount installed within minutes with just two screws. The mount seems to be a very sturdy and quality piece but I have not put enough rounds through my Mossberg 500 with it mounted to confirm this. I have approximately 800 rounds through it so far and its holding up great. This may not be the best picitanny rail mount for your Mossberg 500 but it certainly is one of the best when you are in my position. I would highly recommend this mount but advise that if you don't need a heat shield there are plenty of other mounts that I would choose over this one.

Very nice , I need one that mounts to the barrel and it does not need to be tri , I have seen many online but I would really like a review from somebody that has (ab)used one.

I have a CDM Gear mount on order and from everything I have seen they are very high quality mounts. I will do a full review when I get it.

I recently purchased my first shotgun; and to make it more appealing ordered a heatshield with the matching marinecote finish. The question is... how easy will it be to install when it arrives via FEDEX? And I have no prior knowledge of shotguns!?!?

Its may depend somewhat on where you ordered it from. But typically they arent too difficult to put together, even with out much experience with shotty's! :)

Good deal, you shouldnt have any issues. The only times I know of it being a problem is when ordered from an after market company and when being installed on a 590A1 with the heavy wall barrel.

Sights for my new mossberg?

Does anyone have any good idea/ links for a good sight/ red dot sights for my first shotgun? (Mossberg 500 tactical mariner) Thank you!

Re: Sights for my new mossberg?

what are your goals for this shotgun and what will it be used for?

Ultimate CC said:
what are your goals for this shotgun and what will it be used for?

ditto.

Depends on what youre doin, but if its for HD, at most and just my opinion a reflex sight of some sort. It allows for you to have both eyes open with complete peripheral vision and easy target aquisition. For hunting, maybe a red dot, with fairly low magnification if any. You dont need either of these whether for HD or hunting. Another low cost upgrade is a tritium dot bead sight. Self illuminating in low light or no light and you can get a nice one for $35 or $40. Marbles uses tritium vials from Trijicon I believe.

If youre gonna mount a sight of some kind, you'll need a rail. CDM, one of our forum vendors, carries a rail made by EGW. I personally have found these to be great! Fairly low profile, and are the "plowed" style, meaning they have a void running through the center. They mount solidly and require only a small allen wrench.

Anyhow, fill us in on what youre wanting to do, and we'll see what we can come up with to help out!

Just ordered a EGW tactical rail from CDM Gear! I'm not sure on the type of reflex sight I want; the gun will be used for home defense and shooting at outdoor ranges! Now for the sight, hhmmmm ?

Back