• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 slide lock release...

Shoten

Hatebreed Pit Crew
Sponsor
Looking to modify a slide release to accommodate pistol grips more so like an actual pistol. To modify one, I'm thinking if welding a small tab onto the side of the existing "tab" where your thumb (right handed) would sit so from a "ready up" position, if need be, you could release the slide by just moving your thumb up...

Any other interest in this? I'll try to post pics of before and after in relation to my ATI Talon stock so you could see the mod in action...

1st I gotta order a new release arm...

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

e8ajeqas.jpg

Basically from the normal tab, I'll weld another tab onto it going back towards where the stock mounts on... in this case the Triton mount. I can shave off as needed and tweak the angle as needed for a better fit, but to give an idea of what I plan to do...

I've tried, I failed. hard to get it just right and I only had one tab out of a broke SG.......good luck !

Well $13 of so for a used one isn't too bad... I figure one or 2 of them and the one on the gun now should be enough to get it right....

Same or less tension from stock point since there's a longer arm on the fulcrum now, test fitting on the gun with the ATI as we speak... pic in about 5 minutes assembled...

masusysy.jpg
qy6ahade.jpg
ve2ymupe.jpg

Needed a little sanding on the stock for exact fit without rubbing, bit overall exactly what I was looking to accomplish.

ysa5ape2.jpg

:shock:

Very nice work. I could see a market for something like this......might be something to look into shopping around to manufacturers.

KW? I can't take credit for all the work... I didn't weld it. But I cut, ground, and polished it... here's a just after weld pic on the gun... no it was NOT welded while still on the gun just a quick test fit to see if it would even work right for what I wanted.
pahy5y7u.jpg

after cutting off excess, sanding, and grinding the weld, some more tweaking to the bend angles, and final soft grind with a semi-polish wheel... well you see the end result.

I could easily see a market for these, and welding to a non mounted release bar would be even easier, and net a better product. But just how many people would want one? Some have already stated ( not in THIS topic) that there's basically "no reason to have to release the slide while in the aim position"... well I disagree, hence my project. Thanks for the kind words guys, it really adds more to the sense of accomplishment factor :)

Archametes said:
KW? I can't take credit for all the work... I didn't weld it. But I cut, ground, and polished it... here's a just after weld pic on the gun... no it was NOT welded while still on the gun just a quick test fit to see if it would even work right for what I wanted.
pahy5y7u.jpg

after cutting off excess, sanding, and grinding the weld, some more tweaking to the bend angles, and final soft grind with a semi-polish wheel... well you see the end result.

I could easily see a market for these, and welding to a non mounted release bar would be even easier, and net a better product. But just how many people would want one? Some have already stated ( not in THIS topic) that there's basically "no reason to have to release the slide while in the aim position"... well I disagree, hence my project. Thanks for the kind words guys, it really adds more to the sense of accomplishment factor :)

KW short for kentucky windage, he's a member here with some great talents for making things for boom sticks.

Ah, thank you. I'll have to search his posts and see what he's done.

awesome man, I remember why mine didnt work, I was using a Knoxx and the motion of the recoil reduction didnt work with an extention. Yours might hold up though

Back