• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Great fiber optic sight for 500 tactcal persuader

Itsironworker

Copper BB
Hello all, Im new here so forgive me if this question has been posted before. Im looking for a good fiber optic or ghost rings sights or tritium sights to replace my brass bead sight. im looking to spend no more than $125 for them and i also dont want something that clips on or with a magnet. also has anybody had any experiance with mueller quick shot red dot sights??? thanks

Itsironworker,

Welcome to the sight. If you are looking to replace your "bead" only, Meprolight front sights are very popular. I have one on my shotgun and love it. It is a tritium style post that glows by itself. Runs about $40.00. I had to shorten the threads on the one I installed on my 500 (Threads were to long). I just used a file and trial till it was flush with the inside of the barrel.

http://www.amazon.com/Meprolight-Mossbe ... berg+Mepro

I do not have any experience with the Mueller. But I use the Sight Mark Mini Shot. There are several on the forum that use and like it. I went through 2 other red dots before settleing on this one. It is small and has worked well. I beleive Lazy Eyed Sniper has a reveiw around here somewhere. Check out this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=123&t=2659

Frank

I love my SightMark Mini Shot!

The Meprolight tritium bead is a great option for a replacement bead. Hard to beat for the price...

I had/have a Hi-viz snap on sight and it cost me $20. Excellent and bright! They have just released a new model of the sight that has interchangeable fiber-optic sticks/pegs. Green, Yellow, Red, Orange... All very bright and nice!

thanks for the answers. i decided to go with xs tritium set for the mossberg 500 but now i need to find a front sight ramp to mount the front sight blade......

Itsironworker said:
thanks for the answers. i decided to go with xs tritium set for the mossberg 500 but now i need to find a front sight ramp to mount the front sight blade......

Just so you are aware. You will need to take your gun into a gun smith to have them silver solder on the front ramp to your barrel. They will need the barrel and receiver to make sure it is right. You may be able to use epoxy, but I dont think it would hold up over time.

Frank

well i decided to put on a hahn picatinny rail and a truglo fat bead fiber optic sight for now, im hoping to pick up a psi international ghost ring sight system for it. here are some pics for now....

Attachments

• IMAG0602.jpg
    IMAG0602.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 807
  • IMAG0604.jpg
    IMAG0604.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 807
Could you post a pic of your light mount? Looks like a tri-rail with a tlr-1. Want to see how you put it on with the heatshield. Thanks

here it is its not the greatest picture but.... i took out the factory screws holding the heat shield and mounted the laserlyte tri-rail over the outside of the heat shield and used the screws that came with the rail. The hardest part was squeezing the heat shield "clip" to slide the rail on, so what i did was leave the back factory screw and nut on and took of the front one and slid the rail on then took of the back one and slid it till the holes line up...worked well for me

Attachments

• IMAG0608.jpg
    IMAG0608.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 768
Very nice, I've actually been looking at the truglo fat bead for my 500. How was install did you have to add a washer or any other things during install? Also, how much taller is it than the standard bead? Looking for a a sight that I can see over my utg rail when I don't have my minishot attached. Wish I could put grs on my m500 but I'm doing a build on a budget.
Thanks

It went on fairly easy, i heard stories of it not lining up and people having to turn it another 3/4 turn to get it to line up right, i didnt have this proplem. I had to go about another 1/2 turn and it lined up right. so i took it off and put some red loctite on the threads and screwed it back on. then i had to take a dremel and grind down about a 1/16th off the shaft cause it stuck through the barrel, i was a little hesitent but it turned out awsome, beats having to pay a gunsmith. if you do get it you will probably have to do the same thing, its not that big of a deal to do..... just take your time and use a slow speed. i didnt use a washer, hence why i had to grind some off i just didnt think it would look right. and its about the same hight as the brass bead, i can look down and sight mine fine with my picatinny rail on there. if you want grs look at the psi sights, they are expensive but also the only ones i know that use a picatinny rail for the rear sight and they have an option for a barrel clamp mount for the front. Thats what im saving for anyway.

I went ahead and ordered one earlier today. Figured I can find out what will and won.t work once I have it in my hands. I may try to find a nylon oring to make up for that extra 1/16 of thread to give it abit more height. I'll figure something out. I ordered the green one off amazon for $13shipped. Glad it went on easy. I don't want to spend much money on my sights. Between this and the minishot I should be good. Don't want to put any one item on this gun that costs more than how much I paid for the gun lol.
Thanks

Good luck. I ordered mine from amazon too. I really like it, I had a mueller quick shot red dot but I didn't like it on there. Can you post a pic of your gun, is like to see it with the minishot on there.

Very nice budget project you have there. i like it, your right it is really small. but as long as its reliable thats all that matters...

Itsironworker said:
well i decided to put on a hahn picatinny rail and a truglo fat bead fiber optic sight for now, im hoping to pick up a psi international ghost ring sight system for it. here are some pics for now....

hello sir, i see you have a hahn safety rail installed...just want to ask some feeback on it...is it easier to use than the stock safety?

i too want to have that same rail installed in my 590..jut gathering info on others whom are currently using it..

love your set up by the way...

Back