• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Aimpro 18.5" Heat shield

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the aimpro 18.5" heat shield. My brother bought me one as a gift but I have the 20" 590a1 model and I'm wondering if it will fit properly to my 590a1?

Thanks
-Shellslinger

Sorry buddy, I couldnt say...

I'd contact AIMPRO and ask them.

the only thing I can add is that the 18.5" shield will not have the cut to suit spacer, The 18.5" shield only has a 1/4" spacer or so, If you can make a spacer to fit, I so go for it.

Thanks guys for the replies! I emailed Aimpro awhile back but no response yet :cry: but Ill try out that spacer and see if it fits.

You may have to call em... Theyre always busy, and mostly unresponsive it seems.

Good luck with it, I'm interested in knowin how it works out!

It cant be all that difficult to fashion something, I have a slab of Carbon fiber(don't ask... ;) ) that would work out if you want to try it out, Give me a measurement and I will see what I can come up with.

Rossignol said:
You may have to call em... Theyre always busy, and mostly unresponsive it seems.

Good luck with it, I'm interested in knowin how it works out!

I'll try to give a call on Monday morning and see how it works out :)

VitSports6 said:
It cant be all that difficult to fashion something, I have a slab of Carbon fiber(don't ask... ;) ) that would work out if you want to try it out, Give me a measurement and I will see what I can come up with.

Awesome! I'll try to take some measurements this weekend and let you know. Thanks a lot for the responses guys, really appreciate it.

My friend who has a regular 590 with the heat shield is willing to let me borrow his spacer to test. I'm hoping it works out. If it does I can call Mossberg for a replacement part. But I gotta measure the length of the Aimpro heat shield and the factory heat shield to make sure they're both the same length.

I will try to report back as soon as possible but studying for midterms is taking quite a lot of my time.

Sure thing man, though I cant claim bein all that helpful at all! :D

Sounds like Vit may have the hookup!!! ;)

preliminary measurements from mine are 15.3mm wide, How many holes are needed with your Heat Shield, one or two?
I measured my piece of CF and it is a little uneven at 1/4"+/- which should work, I can make sure its even, I just need a length and need to know if you want a taper like the original? I don't see any issues with a straight walled spacer, But it might be good to have a little differentiation from the original, If you know what I mean ;)

VitSports6 said:
preliminary measurements from mine are 15.3mm wide, How many holes are needed with your Heat Shield, one or two?
I measured my piece of CF and it is a little uneven at 1/4"+/- which should work, I can make sure its even, I just need a length and need to know if you want a taper like the original? I don't see any issues with a straight walled spacer, But it might be good to have a little differentiation from the original, If you know what I mean ;)

Hey thanks a lot Vitsports6!!! :D

There is one hole and no need to make it even, you're already doing a lot for me man. I can finish up the touch up work. The length is approximately 2.75" but can cut just a tad longer so i can cut to fit? And whatever is easier for you man, I don't mind the taper or just straight walled :D . I really appreciate what you're doing for me. I can't thank you enough!!! :D

How can I repay you Vitsports6?? I can send you money, slugs, buckshot rounds?

shellslinger said:
VitSports6 said:

Hey thanks a lot Vitsports6!!! :D

There is one hole and no need to make it even, you're already doing a lot for me man. I can finish up the touch up work. The length is approximately 2.75" but can cut just a tad longer so i can cut to fit? And whatever is easier for you man, I don't mind the taper or just straight walled :D . I really appreciate what you're doing for me. I can't thank you enough!!! :D

How can I repay you Vitsports6?? I can send you money, slugs, buckshot rounds?
First off, Brian works :mrgreen:
Let me make sure I have a usable product, PM me your address and I will see what I can do this week, I can either do it by hand or my wife may be able to cut a precision piece on her CNC.

Ripsnortr said:
You can see all about the complete install in my thread HERE

I linked your thread in post #3 here, Its a great write up. :mrgreen:

Voilà!

0507020828.jpg

It measures 15+mm and 3" length and drilled to 3.5mm, I hope it works, I do have some concerns, But it may work perfectly.
I will get it shipped out today, If I can beat the Mailman.

EDIT.
Damn cat hairs...

VitSports6 said:
Ripsnortr said:
You can see all about the complete install in my thread HERE

I linked your thread in post #3 here, Its a great write up. :mrgreen:

Voilà!

0507020828.jpg

It measures 15+mm and 3" length and drilled to 3.5mm, I hope it works, I do have some concerns, But it may work perfectly.
I will get it shipped out today, If I can beat the Mailman.

EDIT.
Damn cat hairs...

Wow looks awesome! :D You are the best man. I'll update ASAP and I'll definitely have to repay the favor.

Nice work fellas! Thats one of the things about this site that makes it so awesome!

BTW, USPS is great and is all I use for shipping, never had a problem with them!

Awesome! Now I cant wait :D. Yup this site is truly great, with great members such as Vitsports6 (Brian) truly makes this forum stand out amongst the rest.

Back