• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Limbsaver help?

I was wondering if anyone has installed a Limbsaver recoil pad on a Hogue 12" LOP stock? If so what model? Thoughts? Pics? :mrgreen:

Might drop a line to the folks at Limbsaver. They make many sizes and also some that are grind to fit. They have a lot more than the web site shows.

Thanks guys for the help. I think I will call Limbsaver Monday. The hogue is ok, but I think the Limbsaver will be a big improvement.

Oh yeah,

The Hogue short LOP + the Limbsaver makes full loads feel like a pillow fight. It's great!

Good timing Kentucky Windage. I was looking into this same question last night since I have a Hogue stock on back order. Through the process of elimination I came up with the small sized slip on #10546. Good luck!

The only other option I came up with was one of the smaller grind-to-fit Limbsaver pads. Unlimately, I went with the small slip-on detailed above because I can use it on a couple other long guns as well...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
The only other option I came up with was one of the smaller grind-to-fit Limbsaver pads. Unlimately, I went with the small slip-on detailed above because I can use it on a couple other long guns as well...
That is a good point, how well does it stay on. Is it easy to remove?

Easier to get on than to remove.

There is a bit of a vacuum created that makes removal a bit slower. They have been known to tear, but I've swapped mine between my a1 and my Mosins a couple dozen times with no issues...

Yep, I have but I just got home from a Pike Tourney, PM me a reminder tomorrow and I will post it up here.

Yepper, here you go. It mounted well (take your time) and was about 1-2mm long on the bottom and works with the Hogue 12" LOP very well. #10102, Recoil Pad-Rmgtn 870 Wingmaster (Non-Express) Wood

MossLvR said:
Yepper, here you go. It mounted well (take your time) and was about 1mm long on the bottom and works with the Hogue 12" LOP very well. #10102, Recoil Pad-Rmgtn 870 Wingmaster (Non-Express) Wood
Thank you sir, do you have a picture by a chance? I love pictures. :mrgreen:

Any space in that Kentucky bunker ;) :lol:

10102_2.jpg

10102.jpg

Thank you for the pics, bunkers kind of full at the moment. Haha so can you tell the difference between the hogue recoil pad and limbsaver? Is it night and day different? Any mounting hole alignment issues thanks.

Back