• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Feeding issue

Ok,
For some reason my mossberg 590 has decived it doesnt want to feed properly. I have to rack the slide really hard and still it doesnt always work. I havent doen anything with the mag spring or follower any idea what could cause this?

Regards

Chris

what shells are you using? i read mossy's and mini 12ga have problems.

check the action slide and the cartridge stopper. I had the exact same issue and that was the problem.

My problem was the action slide wore down something awful and the action slide rod was going BEHIND the cartridge stopper thus not ejecting the next shell into the elevator. That was with about 400 rounds through her.

Problem was the cartridge stopper was bent too far in and caused excessive wear. Take a look and bend that stopper back a little bit. Hopefully that helps the issue.

Water Monkey

Water Monkey said:
check the action slide and the cartridge stopper. I had the exact same issue and that was the problem.

My problem was the action slide wore down something awful and the action slide rod was going BEHIND the cartridge stopper thus not ejecting the next shell into the elevator. That was with about 400 rounds through her.

Problem was the cartridge stopper was bent too far in and caused excessive wear. Take a look and bend that stopper back a little bit. Hopefully that helps the issue.

Water Monkey

^^^ I just had the same issue and used this same fix.

Back