• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

GRS Frustrations!, 3dot suggestions?

I bought my 590A1 #51517 back in winter 2009 through Vang Comp, https://vangcomp.com/Mossberg_590.html

I got a price that was too incredible to pass up, they even thru in one of their magazine followers. 1st thing I did when I got it was shouldered & noticed the extra long L.O.P. , think it was 14.5 inches. way to long for me.

No big deal didnt even ask about LOP when I ordered it, I already had a Knoxx/Specops stock I was planning to use anyways. So I slapped it on, shouldered it, thought it accommated the GRS nicely. but makes getting to action release and safety very slow and unnatural feeling.

This rig shoots slugs like a rifle!!! and nice patterns!!! :) Love the Barrel work that VC did!!

Ok so the pistol grip got old, and never could get used to GRS, so started cutting down factory syn stock to find out what size stock would work best and feel most natural, my other gun is an old 870wm with rifle sights on the barrel. 12-12.5" LOP was the dial in!! OMG does it feel right. much more movable and ergonomic fit to a mossberg!
OH NOOOOOOOsSSS!!!! GRS sucks with a standard stock, It sits way to high , I cant get any decent cheek weld.

Sooooo, I'm gonna sell the GRS , sell the knoxx/specops stock. Order a hogue 12" lop stock and forend.

Now I need a suggestion for a good 3dot barrel system I can get attached to my barrel, something low profile.

Its either that or sell this rig and order one of the newer 590a1s with 3dot sights, but then I'd have to get the barrel done again by VCS to be as good as this one!

Any suggestions for decent 3 point / rifle sights that can be mounted to the barrel?

Those Ameriglo sights are replecements for barrels that already have factory 3-dots. You'll need to have your current FSB removed and by the time you go through buying 3-dots, then having your barrel dove-tailed for installation, you'll end up spending the same amount of money as just buying a new barrel.

Have you called Vang Comp to see if they have any 3-Dot 590a1 barrels for sale?

Yeh, think just getting a new barrel from Vang would best bet if they carry the 3dot barrels, wonder if they could work out a deal with trading in my barrel with GRS sights from Vang Comp for one without?

Well, the folks from VC are on the forum.

You might post a thread in their sub-forum in the vendor section and give them a call to follow-up...

Thanks for chipping in here LES. I should have elaborated my repsponse farther. You always have my back!

Found these, but they require you to have williams sights on your mossberg already

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/image_m.htm

Mossberg 500 FireSight Set:

Front and rear Fire Sights fit Mossberg 500 with existing factory installed Williams rear sight.

Item # 66370 - Mossberg 500 FireSight Set $33.95

Love the Orange up front and green in the rear!

Attachments

• 66370MOSS500SET.jpg
    66370MOSS500SET.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 174
Back