• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Workin for a livin....

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Lets see some jobs pix, where you work or pix of things you have made. And a brief description of it...

I'll go first...

oRVJnl.jpg

Done on the Tv show Profiler

oRVJnl.jpg

52lmKl.jpg

bD9D5l.jpg

ynjBUl.jpg

KgOIcl.jpg

A animal euthanasia prop used in Profiler , a killer put Sam the star in it to kill her.

urWHwl.jpg

0sYSOl.jpg

47VtYl.jpg

Jurassic Park Touring Show.

0Ybs8l.jpg

I made the base for it.

owjQnl.jpg

Steven Spielberg's Dive! A restaurant in California. I Was the finisher/fabricator for the periscope. All aluminum...

bnvS9l.jpg

ecXwml.jpg

QAKcRl.jpg

American Gladiators

uiryQl.jpg

FQzctl.jpg

I fabricated the frame and welded it up.

CjZwll.jpg

LA Gear Trade show. I fabricated the arched frame.

m8Ml2l.jpg

San Diego Zoo show, Called Zoobilation. Me and a buddy set it all up on the frame. Took us all night for the premier the next day...

dqG8il.jpg

A little write up they had on it.

2xDzxl.jpg

Jerry Springer show when he came to Hollywood for a season. I fabricated the frame for the fan.

5uDZEl.jpg

KEE5Yl.jpg

A frame for the Private Jet on Profiler.

jVZFdl.jpg

The inside of it.

U7aKvl.jpg

Console desk I fabricated.

wUljVl.jpg

Jail cell door I fabricated down at the Dos Carlos studios for Profiler.

W7keDl.jpg

Close up.

YMzKLl.jpg

Me inside the Frame of the Disney's Lion King Parade Float. Pride Rock.

kMXmBl.jpg

oxZ6Yl.jpg

A prop of a rock for the Pocahontas stage show Picture taking area at Disney. Where you get a picture with the stage actor portraying John smith and pocahontas ( my white ford ranger in the background)

G6gScl.jpg

Pocahontas stage.

3sjCyl.jpg

Close up of the streams rocks.

c6Tk7l.jpg

Pocahontas stage.

Not really a job, but its the shop I used to work at for Profiler, and some of us shooting a 22 at a prop target for a scene in the show that needed to explode.
qatE7l.jpg

Q2QHol.jpg

That's me. If you ever watched the show that's the mug shot they took of me for a scene they had. I was portraying a church burning rapist. ( not even close to how i am! I'm a good guy!!!)
So i used it for my ID badge on the show to get into location we were working at...

Ok those are my old pix, I'll post up some new ones later...

Now it's your turn. Lets see some stuff!!

Dude, That ID would only fly in SoCal!

Thats some AWESOME stuff man! I have a few pics, but dang... not as exciting! I'll get em uploaded soon!

Today I started making a box for my dog's ashes. Its made of Bocote and Birdseye maple with Gaboon Ebony corner accents. The ends are going to be dovetailed. Not sure yet how I'm going to attach the top & bottom. I'll post up pix later.

JbQxLl.jpg

^^^ Bocote, Birdseye Maple, Gaboon Ebony ( top to bottom )
JelCbl.jpg

KgJq5l.jpg

Du21wl.jpg

^^^ there is four pieces there. i have them clamped together for cutting purposes...
b7cS3l.jpg

KoPIcl.jpg

I need a better camera.

The wood is beautiful! I have almost zero skill with wood.

Re: Share pics of what you do for a living

I am a control room operator at a natural gas powered electrical powerplant near Las Vegas. Been doing it for about 8 years, and I work 12 hr shifts rotating from two weeks of days to 2 weeks of nights every month. Absolutely love my operators job and plan to do it till retirement, and never go back to using my civil engineer degree.

Control room where everything is controlled by the mouse clicks. I have ten of them to make things happen in the powerplant. Blue jeans and t-shirts are my work clothes.
photo.jpg

Rare opportunity to sit within the copper windings of a 501F generator. When powered on, it can make electricity to power 128,000 homes.
IMG_0872.jpg

Tailpipe of one of the combustion turbines where temps will be 1,085 F when on.
CT1end.jpg

Desert in the background. In one year from now the pic will show 8000 acres of black solar panels everywhere.
1201081037-00.jpg

I work in the HVAC and Refrigeration industry. I am a supermarket service technician.

Oh, and I'm not that heavy anymore, lol.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8tnh0i5YQo[/youtube]

I'll play. Last night I spent the better half of a 13-hour shift in what is my workplace.

workplace3.jpg

I could show you more, like all the fun toys and equipment and such but it comes almost entirely in the most awesome Tactical Black and they might not photograph well (think ninja.. it's black for a reason, dammit :) ). Even my 29" Dymondwood baton is black!

Wanna see the gunz and other schitt anyway?

20 years in wildfire....a couple shots I took...other than the one of me lol

Last edited by a moderator:

nitesite said:
Wanna see the gunz and other schitt anyway?

O yea, lets see the tools of your trade. Here in Vegas every LEO wears body armour 100% is that part of ur uniform?

Ripjack13 - you have some mad skills!

ripjack13 said:
That looks like a f 18 cockpit.

I can achieve V-1, but I'm told that at 144-mph it starts to hit ignition cutoff and doesn't make V-2... so I can't rotate the stick for max effect.

I really and truly prefer being in a gun battle to driving at night (and on possibly unfamiliar roads) at near warp speed. There's so many varying ways to die while doing that. :!:

megawatt said:
Here in Vegas every LEO wears body armour 100% is that part of ur uniform?

Do you mean an external vest versus a concealeable Level IIIa vest under the uniform?

I ALWAYS wear a Level IIIa vest under my uniform or else I don't leave my wife at home to worry all night about me. I have never taken it off while in uniform, cuz' that's the promise that I made to my bride.

I also have a Second Chance exterior raid vest which on its carrier has chest pockets for rifle mags, radio, and other good schidt as well as reflectorized ID panels.

Don't wear it all that much cuz I feel like a dork and it slows me down...........

Back