• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 Cruiser Barrel

P22P99qa

Copper BB
I have a 500 cruiser with the breacher barrel. I am looking for an 28" barrel for it. Would I buy an 835 barrel? The regular 500 barrel has the wrong mag tube attachment type. I am VERY new to shotgun and firearms altogether. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

welcome from NY.
i don't own a breacher barrel model 500,but i believe they come with a different mag tube and different barrel locking lug. from what i've read the 835 should fit.

If your current breacher barrel is 18.5" and you have a 5-shot tube then yes, all you need is an 835 barrel.

Keep in mind that 835 smooth bore barrels are over-bored and are not recommended for shooting slugs. If you intend to shoot slugs out of the longer barrel you will need to pick up a rifled 'slug' barrel...

Yes it has a 5 shot mag! Thanks for the no slug info. I didn't know that! I knew you guys guys could help. The 835 shot guns will shoot a 3.5" round. Will mine be able to with that 835 barrel? Thanks again!

P22P99qa said:
Yes it has a 5 shot mag! Thanks for the no slug info. I didn't know that! I knew you guys guys could help.

You're welcome Sir.

P22P99qa said:
The 835 shot guns will shoot a 3.5" round. Will mine be able to with that 835 barrel? Thanks again!

Absolutely not.

The model 500 receiver is not long enough to accept a 3.5" shell and the action won't cycle properly. Here's a reference of what happens when you try it...

Awesome! Thanks for all the help! I ordered a Mossberg 835 28" VR, ported, accu-choke barrel yesterday. I hope it gets here soon! Thanks Again!

Back