• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Nice targets for birdshot?

Tom396

.30-06
...and please don't say birds. :D

I like using cheap birdshot for backyard target shooting. I shoot up water bottles, a hanging 12" x 12" piece of 1/4" steel, and pieces of plywood. Tough to learn much from shooting at paper and it's pretty much destroyed after the first bang. I like the idea of steel silhouettes, but man, thick steel is expensive! The prefab steel targets are right expensive too. I'm thinking of trying to build something that will spin around and reset itself. What do you like to practice shooting your birdshot at? Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom396 said:
What do you like to practice shooting your birdshot at? Take care. Tom Worthington.

Thought about welding an 8 inch steel plate to an old weather vane?

I shoot at an old coca cola customer parking sign. It is rather large. Probably 5 foot by 4 foot, on two steel legs, and spring loaded (for wind) and 2 sided steel sheet metal.

It does not hold up to bullets though, but has a lot of holes and still intact.

Mostly.

I have found that the best targets for bird shot are those flying orange targets. Call me Crazy but I like shooting my shotguns at flying targets :lol:

LTB45 said:
I have found that the best targets for bird shot are those flying orange targets. Call me Crazy but I like shooting my shotguns at flying targets :lol:

I AGREE 100%!!!!!!! Mm

Old electronic stuff and small appliances that are destined for the landfill/recycling yard. There's something very satisfying about blowing a dead TV or computer to smithereens. :lol:

Back