• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Anatomy of the Centurion 1 1/8 oz. Slug

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Not the prettiest construction but these work very well. As good as anything I have tried inside 100 yards. It will go 200 yards with descent accuracy but start getting inconsistent and I have noticed sometimes the “wad” falls out of the projectile around 170 yards or so which really makes them fly off target by a ways. Never had one come apart within 150 yards and never had a misfire....we call it the trash can ...looks ike a little trash can :lol:

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0270-1.jpg

Thats pretty cool! Appreciate ya sacrificing one for the cause! ;)

no sweat Brad

Yeah you need to hold the powder to get the full feeling, its like tiny people went around with a tiny hole punch, feels just like paper

I have been shooting these slugs out of my Mossberg 500 and agree for the money these are hard to beat. Unfortunately I have only been shooting them at targets within 100 yards so I don't have any input on distances greater than that.

I always order them online in bulk. I have not shot the federal truball yet so I can not compare them for you.

I have used the TruBall, but not the Centurion!

I order online, like AmmunitionToGo.

I just got 200 rounds of these. MAN they look great, can't wait to get to the range. I got them from SAAmmo their price was good.

I've tried the Centurion brand before...thru Sportman's Guide I think...

Never seen one pulled apart tho...kewl !! :cool:

cbshooter said:
I just got 200 rounds of these. MAN they look great, can't wait to get to the range. I got them from SAAmmo their price was good.

Did you mean SGAmmo? I'm assuming type-o.

I order a lot of my stuff from them. Great prices and fast shipping. Picked up 250 rounds of these Centurion slugs for about $80 a few months ago and it's about time to order more. I'll definitely be going back to these guys...

The one on the left hit a Steel plate 100yds away. :D
The one on the right slammed into the dirt backstop 100yds away :oops:

383277_2176961947818_1359936198_31849558_1546063912_n.jpg

Nice clear pics Oli, thanks for the fine effort. I am looking at two cases of the centurion slugs I recieved from sgammo.com after you suggested the linky a couple weeks ago. Just can't beat the .37 (delivered) per shell pricetag.

Back