• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

00 Buck Reviewed

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Federal Premium Tactical 00 LE132

I was able to get a couple of boxes of the LE132, 9 pellet 00 buck today at the gun show. $3.50 a box! Not a bad price at all! The same vendor will be in town again at another show next month and I'll be stocking up on some more.

This will be the next load I test and video compared side x side to Winchester 00. (I'll get the load specifics of the Winchester as soon as I'm able) The LE132 is plated low recoil buck with the flitecontrol wad. I've heard and seen only good things from it so I'm excited to pattern it from my 590A1 20"!

Will have a full report in the very near future, hopefully by next weekend!

Re: Federal Premium Tactical 00 LE132

I am most anxious to read and watch your review of this hella cool ammo!!!!!!

:)

Dude, no doubt! I've seen lots of good things, and I want to put it up against the Winchester at least and maybe the Remington load too. If I can swing it, I'll get the Hornady TAP rounds if theyre in stock.

I'm not going to get into the penetration/over penetration aspect, though I may try to see if there is a difference between the low recoil and full powered load. Primarily, I want to see what groups best, and what would be a "max" range, still keeping 9 pellets in a vital area. These are considered to be decent for coyote too, and I have impressive results at even 50 yards, if I can duplicate that, then all the better.

Gotta get some of my work caught up first!!! ;)

My daughter is trying to pull me away from my work long enough this weekend for some shooting. Who knows, we might make it out yet!

I am also interested in the pattern as I purchased 50rds of this at GT Distributors. I am thinking of deer hunting on my place with it.

Yep, Sounds great! I'll see how far out I can go and still get acceptable groups in a kill zone. I have heard of a guy using them at 50 yards for coyote. I keep them on hand here for coyote too. I may not get the tests this weekend, I'm going to another gun show and will be picking up some other brands ands load to compare against. I'd rather be able to give as many options with results as possible.

Alrighty! More ammo is on the way, and I picked up some Winchester Super X full powered 9 pellet 00 too. If I see anything else at the gun show this weekend, I'll get more. But, for now, it will be Hornady TAP LE low recoil with VersaTite (wich I believe is the same as Federal's FliteControl used under liscense), Federal Tactical LE low recoil, and Winchester Super X full power.

I'll do all 3 loads at HD ranges, 10 to 15 yards (which I would think to be the max for HD), then 25 yards, and for the heck of it we'll do 50 yards too.

I dont plan on messin with penetration/over-penetration, but if I feel like roundin up some 2x's I'll have a go at it.

Cool, and thank you! Hopefully it will be sooner than later! ;)

Anyone have any requests for ammo they wanna see patterned? I look for it at the show tomorrow!

Hornady TAP LE 8 Pellet 00 Buck low recoil

Oh yeah, these are comin soon too!

Winchester Super X 9 Pellet 00 Buck full power

Also to be tested soon.

Remington HD 00 Buck .410!

Yep, picked up some 00 for the .410. Reviews conducted by my daughter will be forthcoming!

Re: Remington HD 00 Buck .410!

410B00HD .410 2 1/2" 00 Buck 4 pellet 1300 FPS
100_5105Medium.jpg

Re: Winchester Super X 9 Pellet 00 Buck full power

XB1200 12 ga. 2 3/4" 00 Buck 9 pellet, 1325 FPS
100_5108Medium.jpg

LE13200 Federal Premium Tactical 12 ga. 2 3/4" 00 Buck 9 pellet, low recoil, 1145 FPS
100_5111Medium.jpg

Re: Winchester Super X 9 Pellet 00 Buck full power

True that! Good lookin out Jonezy! I had never planned for the Winchester load to be at the top of the heap, but the info there in that thread helps to explain alot! Next thing we'll do is put it on paper next to the others, I dont expect to find the Super X to be as tight patterning as the Federal or Hornady.

Re: Hornady TAP LE 8 Pellet 00 Buck low recoil

Item No. 86265 Hornady TAP LE 12 ga. 2 3/4" 00 Buck 8 pellet, low recoil, 1100 FPS
100_5152Medium.jpg

Re: Remington HD 00 Buck .410!

Niiice!

I'd like to run a mag full of these through an AR .410 upper!

Back