• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Old School Mossberg 550

Llamahouse

Copper BB
I recently broke my stock on my old westernfield M550 20 gauge. It only has one action bar so that might give you an idea of the age of the gun. I have enjoyed this gun for years and if memory serves, it was the first gun I ever took out on a duck hunt. It still fires great and I know it is not worth much but I was considering throwing a tactical stock on it. Does anyone know if the 500 stocks will work on a pump this old? Thanks for your time.

Llamahouse said:
I recently broke my stock on my old westernfield M550 20 gauge. It only has one action bar so that might give you an idea of the age of the gun. I have enjoyed this gun for years and if memory serves, it was the first gun I ever took out on a duck hunt. It still fires great and I know it is not worth much but I was considering throwing a tactical stock on it. Does anyone know if the 500 stocks will work on a pump this old? Thanks for your time.

welcome from NY.sorry to hear about the broken stock.

you need to contact Havlin,they are experts on older mossberg's. (636) 937-6401

you get a chance post a pic or two of that old 550. :)

Welcome aboard!

The Western Field m550 is identical to the Mossberg 500 and most parts will interchange. For the best fit on your 20ga, be sure to look for stocks compatible with the current model 500c. Stocks made for 12ga models will work but are slightly wider than the receiver and will have a bit of an overhang...

Welcome to MO.com from the Last Frontier! Don't talk yourself down... if your 550 has been a trusty companion for this many years... I'd say it's priceless! +1 on Havlin, they've done good by me so far.

Back