• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Beartooth Products: Mossberg Compliant

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
thumb_recoilpadkitcallouts.jpg

Beartooth’s Recoil Pad Kit is by far the best and easiest way to properly fit your gun and eliminate hard-hitting recoil. The hi-density inserts are constructed of VA65 closed cell foam which is known for its exceptional high energy absorption properties. The various insert sizes can be used interchangeably to precisely achieve your desired stock length. By reducing recoil, Beartooth can assist in eliminating shoulder fatigue while improving your shooting accuracy.
Shot after shot, the Recoil Pad Kit gets the job done.
http://www.beartooth-products.com/shop/ ... -kits.html

thumb_combraisecallouts.jpg

Simply put, Beartooth's Comb Raising Kit is the easiest and most effective way to build up height on your gunstock. If your shotgun shooting accuracy suffers due to improper gunfit or you need help getting up to the cross-hairs on your rifle's high powered scope, you have found the solution. The Kit includes a heavy-duty neoprene sleeve and (5) various sized hi-density foam inserts. Use just one, or a combination of cheekpad sizes to alleviate any ill-fitting situation. Achieve increases as little as 1/8" or up to 1.5"+

Yea I am very excited to test these out on my Mossberg 930 autoloader.

Quick and efficient...always a good thing !!

Good find Doc...

I had forgotten about these! Def wanna know how they work out!

Beartooth Adjustable Slip On Recoil Pad

"Beartooth’s Recoil Pad Kit is by far the best and easiest way to properly fit your gun and eliminate hard-hitting recoil. The hi-density inserts are constructed of VA65 closed cell foam which is known for its exceptional high energy absorption properties. The various insert sizes can be used interchangeably to precisely achieve your desired stock length. By reducing recoil, Beartooth can assist in eliminating shoulder fatigue while improving your shooting accuracy. Shot after shot, the Recoil Pad Kit gets the job done.
Recoil Pad Kit includes: (1) neoprene recoil sleeve and (4) hi-density foam inserts -1/4", 3/8", 1/2", and 5/8" in size.
Reduces recoil by 40%"
(^^Quoted from their site^^)
XjFpfl.jpg

*************************************************************************************

I received my New Beartooth Pad in the mail from the good graces of Dan Honovich a little while ago, and I couldn't wait to try it out on my Saiga 12 gauge. At first glance it seems well made yet thin. You really do not want a bulky clothes nabber hanging off the end of your stock now do you? This is not a clothes nabber. The Beartooth’s Recoil Pad is made from Black neoprene and comes with 4 hi-density foam inserts -1/4", 3/8", 1/2", and 5/8".
It's nice and smooth. On the end of it are 5 stripes that I would guess are supposed to keep it where you put it when you shoulder the stock.
They are fairly decent at doing that job. I sized up the four hi-density foam inserts to figure out which combo I wanted to use that would offer me the most reduction in recoil and also the size to be comfortable to me. I chose to go with the 3/8" & 5/8" sized inserts first. I took a ride to my favorite shooting spot and set up a target at 50 yards and proceeded to test out the pad's comfort using slugs and 00 buck.

I tried out different combinations of the inserts to see how they felt. (You can also use just one pad, if you wish, but I opted for 2) I really enjoyed the 3/8"-5/8" combo and the 1/2"-5/8" combo the most. The 1/4"-3/8" wasn't bad. The same goes for the 3/8"-1/2" combo. The 1/4"-5/8 and the 3/8"-1/2" combos = the same size :roll: , But they felt good.
Just for haha's I tried all four at once. That didn't work out as well as I had planned. It slid sideways on me every time. Not to mention it was not a comfort fit. It wasn't safe to shoot like that either, so I strongly urge you not to use them all at once.
Anyhow, I ended up staying with combo of the 3/8"-5/8". That combo just felt better to me. It did not move on me. It did not make the stock uncomfortable in LOP either.
I really like this Beartooth Pad kit. I will say it gives my Limbsaver a run for the money. The one thing I dislike about the Limbsaver is , it is a clothes nabber. And with my ghil-leaf suit it catches it all the time. Where as the Beartooth does not catch my "leaves". I might just end up putting this Beartooth Recoil Pad on my Mossberg for my Turkey hunts. :cool:

The Bottom line is...
IMHO it does the job, once you find the combo that works for you.

3WYU1l.jpg

EVdKml.jpg

H2dGAl.jpg

PnSREl.jpg

BKhVLl.jpg

K8O0Ml.jpg

lprLel.jpg

ZP5Lhl.jpg

L8lUJl.jpg

itRCFl.jpg

Re: Beartooth Adjustable Slip On Recoil Pad

Nicely written, well reviewed and good pics!!!

Looks very easy to use!!!

Thanx Ross. it is easy to use. And it's a nice tight fit as well.

Hi,
Based on your positive review, I just installed one on my SPX. Great customer service. Nice fit and I am very pleased with the ability to adjust the length of pull of my stock, as well as reducing recoil.
Thanks for bringing the good people of Beartooth to my attention.
Cheers....

Nice writeup Rip!

Nice right up ripjack13

Thanx guys. I'm glad you are pleased with yours Seascout. I love mine...

Back