• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Streamlight TLR-1S Review...

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
After several months of owning the TLR-1S I can confidently say that this tactical light ROCKS! The fit and finish are excellent; holding up to heavy use in rain, snow (New York winter), heat (Texas summer) and everyday abuse (nearly 1500 rounds of shotgun shells). The 160 lumens (produced by the C4 LED) that the TLR-1S puts out is enough to illuminate most rooms making it perfect for use in a house. The strobe feature is great but it may be difficult to activate under extreme stress. It is something to think about when debating between the TLR-1 and the TLR-1S. I would still purchase the TLR-1S over the TLR-1 but if you are really on a budget the strobe feature for me is not a deal breaker.

p588394453-4.jpg

p687870204-4.jpg

p990340715-4.jpg

I will be reviewing the new streamlight TLR-1S (the strobe model)

Ah, the TLR-1S is my preferred model and it is only a few dollars more for that extra feature. When people ask me which light do I prefer the X series from Surefire or the TLR series from Streamlight I always steer them to the Streamlight. Both series of lights are fantastic, they are both rugged but the TLR series lights are just a better deal for your money. I will shut up now though because I am kind of taking away the point of your review. :D

Yea I figured for the few extra dollars that the strobe feature would be well worth it! By all means post up a review if you have time as members would surely love to have another point of view on the product.

Have had a TLR-2 for a couple of years cause a LEO friend recommended it. He said "Cadillac of lights." And he was right, so this recommendation should go for the TLR-1. And another point - these have a lifetime guarantee. Had to send mine back to the factory cause I buggered up the horizontal adjustment screw - they returned it in about 10 days with a new lower laser unit - no charge except my $7 to ship to them. I certainly recommend Streamlight products.

Once again thank you mossbergowners.com , I followed this review and I'm very happy!

Mossberg 500 Cruiser w/ heatshield----
I went with the Laserlyte Shotgun Tri Rail Mount through Amazon (Outdoor Bunker) $19.98 including shipping:
Note: I was in a rush to install it and made a mistake of not thinking things through (it's very easy). All you have to do is unscrew the nuts on the factory heatshield mount and push out the bolts. Put the flat side of the Tri Mount (unthreaded) under one the heat shield mounts. Then the (threaded) side of the Tri Mount goes on the outside of the other heatshield mount.
I also went with the TLR-1S through Amazon (streamlight) $106.22 including shipping:
I only tested it in the basement but it's a very nice tac light with a ton of lumens. I highly doubt the strobe feature is of real use for a non-professional but it's kinda cool and easy to activate.
I shot 5 rounds of buckshot and no issues! Here's the pictures:

http://gyazo.com/3b9c7859bbfb2ac817c335dcb576cf54 (gun)
http://gyazo.com/31b4a2b07e7131cf00eb7ae901dd3900 ( mount flat side)
http://gyazo.com/38cfe4688654ba7a5103a1f2e0c30a84 ( mount threaded side)

Just to add my own experience. I've been carrying a TLR-1 on my G19 for over a year now and it has held up well to daily holster carry and more than a few rounds.

It's a very durable and reliable light.

Back