• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

*Video Review* Mossberg 590A1 with Hogue Short LOP and VCS

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Revisited, taking another look at how the two work together for me!

We have plenty of Hogue and Vang Comp info on here, but I also encourage you to check out;
Hogue Grips
and;
Vang Comp Systems

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut9hcuBpstw[/youtube]

Re: Mossberg 590A1 with Hogue Short LOP and VCS

Another great video! One day I hope to dd the Vang Comp treatment, but till then I'll continue to live through you. :D

Re: Mossberg 590A1 with Hogue Short LOP and VCS

Yes sir,

Another excellent video Brad!

Re: *Video Review* Mossberg 590A1 with Hogue Short LOP and V

sweet man

Thank you, I appreciate yall watchin!

In the video I said I had 9 rounds... that is until I short stroked the action and shucked one out. Total rookie mistake. Oh well, I dont mind yall seein the good and the bad! :D

The set up really works well for me, and Oli, I did this in part with you in mind. You had asked to see a magazine of full power goin down range and stayin on target. With the exception of the short stroked action, thats what I was goin for! :lol:

Biggest thing, I wanted to be able to capture on film for those who ask, the use of the Hogue the way it aids getting that square stance with 4 points of contact combined with the VCS helping to keep the muzzle down.

Its seriously helped get back on target with a consistent sight picture more quickly (is that propper grammar?) than before. This has been especially helpful when I practice the moving and shooting you saw in the video too. I flat covered that psycho clown target!!! :D

You also looked down instead of bringing the gun into your work space so you could see past it. We still got love for you though!

looked great ! Looked like you were shooting a 20 ga target loads

Sneaky, youre right man... I sure did!

Oli, it handles like a 20 ga.! Those Winchester and Hornady are both full power at 1600 fps and it feels no worse than the low recoil loads!

Awesome video, thanks for posting. Wow, that setup really does reduce the recoil.

What a waste of money, porting is a gimmick and ever since the advent of flight control wad VCS is not needed ever....at least you have a short lop.....would be better if it was wood…and all that weight hanging from your forend is going to bend your action bars….

Well ok I watched the video and I guess you gun kind of works ok I guess.

:twisted:

:lol: sorry , I thought I was in the cellar

You guys are Dorks! :D

Thanks Mike, I'm rather fond of it and my 590A1 remains my favorite to shoot just the way it is! Have I mentioned I bird hunt with it!!! ... minus the light.

Brnd, youre gonna dig that Hogue!!!

Nice video Rossignol I've been looking at getting the Hogue short LOP stock for My new 590. Quick questions it looks like your running a single point sling, do you have a GG&G sling mount? By the way I thought I was the only person that ran a Magpul AFG on my pumps I have gotten a lot of weird looks for it till they try it.

^ Nope you're not alone, I run the AFG on my 590a1.

People love to question the vailidity of my choice. I've even been called a mall ninja for it. I used to try to justify using it, but I don't really care anymore. It works extremely well for me and that's all that matters...

Hey Trip! The SAP I use is the ERGO ambi sling point, I love using the singlepoint! It allows me to let go of my shotgun and have it hang at my side, or as I was demonstrating in the video, when I have it in front of me it shoulders so easily!

I've had some questions about the AFG too... Just like LES said, it works very well and I really dont care what people say! ;) well... there are some who would say all that stuff hangin off the end of the forend will bend the action bars. :lol: But it actually works! :D

I agree with you and LES I get a straight pull back on the pump and haven't had any issues and its very comfortable.

Back